Anybody have an xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have an xbox?

I've got an xbox console and I can't find any good games for it. I prefer the RPG and xbox seems to hold this genre in some disdain. If anyone has one, what games have you played and liked? I haven't fired my up since December and I hate seeing that three hundred dollar doorstop in my entertainment center.

I enjoyed Morrowind very much. It's a complex RPG. I haven't tried it yet, but there's also Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. It's like Diablo, but with better graphics. And coming soon: "Star Wars: knights of the old republic" and "Deus Ex 2".
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Unreal Championship
      RallySport Challenge (note this is not Collin McCray Rally Suckass, it's the Microsoft one)
      Phantasy Star Online (an old Dreamcast port, I don't like it but my friends can't stop playing).
      Halo!
      Morrowind is great if you're able to ignore the huge game balance issues, it's also much better on PC (with mods).

Fable is coming out eventually (like 2004). That should be a good RPG.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

is the xbox joystick beter than the ps2 one?
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Depends on what you are using it for. Overall the Xbox controllers (and everything else hardware in general) are better than the PS2's controllers; however, PS2 controllers are better for fighting games IMO.

Also, keep in mind that there are 2 sizes of Xbox controller. The little ones are better for most stuff, but the big ones are great for racing games.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I forgot... You should also try Splinter Cell. It's not a RPG, but it's a great game.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Xbox sux.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I take it then that you hate all consoles, because the xbox is hands down the best one.

Comment

Drake is a Nintendo fanboy.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Halo is X-box

Comment

Game consoles aren't for geeks, unless it's one modified Xbox or the PS2 with Linux. They're only meant for gaming and there's pretty much no good RTS or TBS games for any consoles (well, PS had Civ II). So a PC is better as it combines both, but it's indeed more expensive.

So no, I do not have an Xbox.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

yeah, the load time on civ2 was killer.... PCs are way better for tbs games etc.....

i like consols for fighting , racing, etc...
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i have a xbox, dead to rights is a pretty good game
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

yeah, the load time on civ2 was killer...
                            Yeah, I've seen my friend play civ on the PS1 (i didn't know they release civ 2). When it got near the end of the game, the computer would seriously take close to an hour to move. That was on the PS1 though, I think systems now could handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Drake is a Nintendo fanboy.
                              Ah, then he must like decent games on a completely inferior system. Unless Nintendo does something quick, they're gonna be just like Sega, development only.

Comment

Working...
                              X