Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (now for PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (now for PC)

So who's got the game for PC? I just picked it up, and it is great! The save system is kinda annoying, but it ain't too, too bad (except on those missions you keep dying and then have to drive all the way back there again to start the mission again). The city is really cool and has lot of little subparts.

I missed GTA3 on the PC (and 1 & 2) so this is my first GTA game, and I'm loving it! Very awesome!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Well there goes my first question - is the save system the same as GTA3...
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I don't mind the save system. If I fail a mission, I usually take the opportunity to go on a rampage.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's somewhat similar...you can buy buildings throughout the city to save at, some of which have car ports. You can also buy other buildings which produce cash for you. It's a fun game, but definitely frustrating
        ----
        "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, that save system is very, very frustrating... more a product of it being originally designed for a console rather than PC. They should have at least had a 'Quick Save'. If you don't want to cheapen the game, then you don't use the Quick Save, but its there if you really need it (like on some missions that have two parts with the first being the more difficult).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I think of it as part of the challenge. Well, I did when I played GTA3. As a side benefit, it keeps save-game files small.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

True, it is part of the challenge, but what if some people don't want the challenge? It's a hell of ride back to some of those places.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                True, it is part of the challenge, but what if some people don't want the challenge? It's a hell of ride back to some of those places.
                How many save points do you own? The only place I can think of that's way off from a save point is the Airport and the Seaport areas - and even those are only bad before you buy the dealership. The first islands especially are full of save points.
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Yeah, but usually you have to go back to where you got the quest from, which will usually point you to another location on the opposite side of the map.

Remember, you can't save in the middle of a mission.

Comment

Not being able to save during a mission is all a part of the fun IMHO. However, I agree that when you're not doing a mission a Quick Save option would be very useful.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I like the save system, it makes the game more interesting

Though I'm puzzled with what I read some time ago: "Vice City is twice as large as GTA 3"... the islands feels the same size than the islands in GTA 3, but there's only two of them, which means Vice City is 50 % smaller than GTA 3

But I like the weapons avaliable in the game: Hammer, sword, chain saw, etc... they make the game more interesting/fun
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

...oh, and the ability to see a map of the city, during the game, is great

Comment

Do the missions play similar to those in GTA3? I loved that game, so if Vice City is similar I will have to buy it.

Comment

Yeah, they're similar...

Comment

Is it a stand-alone package, or add-on?

edit: i suppose stand-alone as Imran stated this is his first GTA game...
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                              X