The Perfect Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Game

what type of game do you like best and if one of the genres were to be 'perfected' in a single game, which would you like it to be?

In other words, would you like to see a flawless Civilization game, or the most beatiful RPG, astonishing FPS, perfected Deus Ex type game, simulation, RTS, what?

vote your choice.
    Give me the ultimate Civilization game...
    40.00%
    I've always wanted a 'really good' FP Shooter...
    2.86%
    RTS rocks, improve that genre...
    11.43%
    The perfect game is a perfect RPG...
    31.43%
    Tactical RTS, ala Myth...
    5.71%
    Other... please specify what kind of game you'd like to see...
    8.57%
    er, none. games are good as they are right now...
    0.00%
    "Yesterday we bent our backs and paid homage to the kings, today we kneel only to the Truth." - Deus Ex

My perfect game would be an RPG. I am a big fan of the Genre and there have been no good RPG's for the PC in years. I may even have to buy a playstation just to get my fix. (please note, I am not a fan of AD&D)
    I am the second place man!

Comment

What this world needs is for Bungie to make Myth 4.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Anyone who says there are no good RPG's on PC is insane, and I don't mean you need to play BG1&2 or so to play good ones, most of them are not D&D... The RPG's on PC are thriving at this moment, but I reckon some people never hear about those, they only know Baldurs gate, and morrowind...
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The perfect game would be a game, that's a mixture of different games... I'm talking about fps + fighting (Street Fighter type of fighting) + TBS + RPG = Interesting game... very interesting, I'd say...

Originally posted by Trajanus
          Anyone who says there are no good RPG's on PC is insane, and I don't mean you need to play BG1&2 or so to play good ones, most of them are not D&D... The RPG's on PC are thriving at this moment, but I reckon some people never hear about those, they only know Baldurs gate, and morrowind...
          I have seen different RPG games, but they all have one thing in common: They sucks... I like the generel idea of RPG games, but they all make them soooo boooring...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I want to vote for both Civilization 5 and Myth 4

I demand a multi choise poll!
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
              I want to vote for both Civilization 5 and Myth 4

I demand a multi choise poll!
              so no hope for Civ 4 being any good - jumping straight to Civ 5?

I personally like strategy and RPG, and generally like turn-based because most RT RPG/strategy games I've played wind up having many units are rather poor at allowing you to coordinate your units. Either that or you run up against unit maxes and then it comes down to who can build the next unit first after a unit is killed. I'd really like to see a game tackle those problems.
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

The perfect game will be a Real time RPG.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Definetely a Civ game.

Just think... You are the unquestioned ruler of a whole country, with the perfect level of detail, the perfect experience. :drools:
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Give me the ultimate Civilization game...

Civ won't get much better than Civ2 and cEvo. I am burned out on it anyways.

I've always wanted a 'really good' FP Shooter...

What's wrong with Duke3D and Serious Sam?

RTS rocks, improve that genre...

Total Annihilation with a modern engine and a persistent levelling commander a la Warlords Battlecry II.

/me drools

Other... please specify what kind of game you'd like to see...

A good original strategy game would be nice. Personally, I am very hyped up about Crusader Kings from Paradox and Warlords IV from Infinite Interactive (they split from SSG).
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The perfect game has already been made, Europa Universalis and all it's counter parts.

It just needs a bit of tweaking.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                        The perfect game has already been made, Europa Universalis and all it's counter parts.

It just needs a bit of tweaking.
                        Yeah, it needs tweaking... like another time-period

...haven't even tried that game... and probably never will..

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

Yeah, it needs tweaking... like another time-period
                          Well... there's Hearts of Iron, and the upcoming Crusader Kings. What more do you want?

I think there may also be a roman time one in the works, aswell.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

From 1000 AD to 2000 AD, nothing interested has happened, to make a game like that...

...that Roman game sounds much better...

Comment

Working...
                            X