Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think Firaxis is doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think Firaxis is doing right now?

Originally posted by thinkingamer
    Well, what do you think?
    They are making a new tbs game, called "The secret of the mighty Banana"
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
      Don't see Sid Meier working on X-COM. Can't imagine that at all...
      Sid was throwing around some hints in one of the gaming conventions or maybe at last year's E3. There are some old threads in the Community Forum on this.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Do you have any links, Urban?

I for one would hope for SMAC2, but I understand that isn't the most probable.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'd say X-COM. I don't know, it just smells like X-COM.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

I for one would hope for SMAC2, but I understand that isn't the most probable.
            type x-com into the search, stuff will come up.

Comment

Well, I did a search of these forums, and here is what I found:

An interview with Sid at GenCon...

On the second page it says:

Sid Meier: Yes, we're looking at some of the older games and seeing what might look good.

GameSpy: Would that include your old stuff? Like Pirates, F-15 Strike Eagle, Gunship…

Sid Meier: … Silent Service, Red Storm Rising, Covert Ops. And we're looking at the other games as well.

GameSpy: Like Master of Magic and X-Com?

Sid Meier: Yes.

GameSpy: You realize Usenet is going to go nuts over that answer.

Sid Meier: We're not going to announce our next game until October or so.
              I don't really think that is a sufficient identification of Sid's intent to do X-COM. Though now I can actually see him doing it, as opposed to before, when I thought such a thing would be impossible.

Another thing:

Sid Meier, in an recent CGMagazine interview, expressed interest about redoing XCom or Master of Magic... and made some cryptic remarks about Pirates!, whilst some petitioned him to make a sequel to Antietam!

Posted by DarkCloud. I searched for more on that on the net, but there doesn't seem to be any more info... Well, that's about it.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

And just after I posted, DanQ throws the news afrticle out at us. Check it out:

But real world events has Briggs thinking about updating the Civilization series. Among the features: An increased role for the media and a more true-to-life world governing body. In this more realistic setting “Civilization’s” United Nations component would be less kumbaya, more realpolitik. More powerful members would have the power to veto or go off and wage unilateral action.

Could they be thinking of yet another Civ game?
                Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                  And just after I posted, DanQ throws the news afrticle out at us. Check it out:

But real world events has Briggs thinking about updating the Civilization series. Among the features: An increased role for the media and a more true-to-life world governing body. In this more realistic setting “Civilization’s” United Nations component would be less kumbaya, more realpolitik. More powerful members would have the power to veto or go off and wage unilateral action.

Could they be thinking of yet another Civ game?
                  seems like a great Xpack-better un, modern age using current events as a basis. And tack on a decent scenario editor. That would make back the money, and be good all around

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    No, but go to the Community forum and search for them.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

GameSpy: Like Master of Magic and X-Com?

Sid Meier: Yes
                      Wow! I've never tried those games, but from what I hear, they are among the best PC games ever right next to Civ series. I just hope that Firaxis would not mess up like they did with Civ3. Anywany, thank you for the information vovansim!
                      someone teach me baduk

Comment

I've seen screenshots of the new X-Com game so speculation over folks.

/me basks in smug superiority

No, really, there is a new X-Com game in development, but I can't tell you if Sid and/or Firaxis are involved. I'd personally not bet against it though. MoM2 would rock though - but only if they simply do a paint job, and increase the size of stacks = bigger battles.

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

MoM2 is the holy grail of computer gaming. And much like with the original, I predict it will never be found.
                          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Actually there are (were?) two X-com GAmes in the Making.
                            I saw one over at Gamespy in the Developers Diary section cant remember the name though
                            My Guess is more on Pirates but we'll see.
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                              I've seen screenshots of the new X-Com game so speculation over folks.

* War of Art basks in smug superiority

No, really, there is a new X-Com game in development, but I can't tell you if Sid and/or Firaxis are involved.
                              If you are talking about the one that is covered in great detail by Gamespy, then no. Neither Sid nor Firaxis are involved in that. And plus, it has been announced a loooong time ago. Called UFO: Aftermath. Developed by some unknown (to me at least) Czech team.

( http://www.ufo-aftermath.com )
                              Spore page

Comment

Pirates.
                                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                                X