Music and games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music and games?

Does anyone else have it the same way, I have? Sometimes I set a special song, belonging to a special game (and I'm talking about songs from the radio, not from the game itself). I know I have several songs, which I only remember when I hear them... but then, when I hear them, I get a picture of the game in my head... to be more exact I actually remembers a special map, at a special time in the game, whenever I hear the song, even though the song doesn't have anything to do with the game
    This space is empty... or is it?

BORIS!!!!

There's a thread about music needs your attention here.
    Come and tell us about synaethesia.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I usually don't associate songs and games, I like to stick with the game's music, unless it is too unbearable.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
        I usually don't associate songs and games, I like to stick with the game's music, unless it is too unbearable.
        I have yet to hear some game-music that is bearable...

Comment

Game music sometimes lags the game as it changes track so i dont play it. I dont play from music cds either when im playing FPS's or where sound is important but i usually do with civ and other lazy games.

Even when theres no song playing you notice something familiar to a song on screen, like a certain civ you started conquering the day before reminds you of the song that was playing when you see their cities or units.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            Even when theres no song playing you notice something familiar to a song on screen, like a certain civ you started conquering the day before reminds you of the song that was playing when you see their cities or units.
            Yeah, it's something like that... though in my case (which I was thinking about, as I started this thread), is the classic game Syndicate... And The song is pretty unknown (I don't even know the name of the song, I just recognize it, when it's playing).. And back then as I played that game, this map, nothing special happened... so I have no reason to actually have to remember it, but I still remembers it

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

The music in Eu2 and HoI is mostly very good, IMHO.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Haven't played EU2, and I have no clue what HoI is...

...but even if I had played Eu2, I wouldn't have heard the music anyway... whenever I install a new game, the first thing I do is turning off the music (Many games have very annoying "music" in the menu, so I try to get rid of it ASAP)

Comment

I think I stopped listening to game music completely after I started playing Transport Tycoon. It's a habit I never broke and I always turn the music off.
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I liked the music in RRT2 and Tropico... Also the music in Icewind Dale and Dungeon Siege...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

ADG, EU2 has music from the era it's covering(that will say 1400s to 1800s), a few from each of them. For example the Four Seasons by Vivaldi.

HoI(Hearts of Iron) is a game covering 1936-1948, and the music there is more modern, mostly from the end of the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s. Like Tjaikovsky(very bad spelled I guess... ) and Grieg.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        ADG, EU2 has music from the era it's covering(that will say 1400s to 1800s), a few from each of them. For example the Four Seasons by Vivaldi.
                        Arrrrrggggg....!!!

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        HoI(Hearts of Iron) is a game covering 1936-1948, and the music there is more modern, mostly from the end of the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s. Like Tjaikovsky(very bad spelled I guess... ) and Grieg.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg ...!!!!!!!!!

Thank God, I haven't listened to any of those games then...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

Donkey Kong Country.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Command and Conquer is a great soundtrack, as does Deus Ex (although not quite as good).

For me though, I usually play new games a lot while playing new albums a lot. The feeling as ADG describes it is exactly what happens to me. The songs I relate to a particular game I only remember because I played the song so many times while playing the game.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ADG I used to get this all the time back in the days when music/sound sucked in games. To this day I cannot play a Monkey Island game without triggering the memory of the 2 albums I was playing incessantly when completing MI1. The last game it happened with would be Screamer Rally for the PC, with the associated album being Sheryl Crow's excellent 'Sheryl Crow'.

Comment

Working...
                              X