Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be more likely to buy Apolyton stuff if posts counted in the OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be more likely to buy Apolyton stuff if posts counted in the OT?

I have an Apolyton cup, which I highly prize, a cap which is the pits, and a sweat shirt which fits my father in law and is his favorite. I'd like a larger sweat shirt which would fit me, three more cups, and maybe a beer mug if they have them now.

BUT!

Though I'm not big on posts counts, I know when I'm being treated as a second class citizen. So, I hold off making my purchases until the bias against me, and other OT posters, ends. I'm wondering if others are doing the same, because if so maybe the top brass should be made aware of the situation in order to better evaluate the effects of their anti OT bias on us (I want the stuff) and themselves (they want to sell the stuff).

So, would you buy, or buy more, if the bias were removed and OT posts counted?
    Yes, I don't feel good about the anto OT bias, so I don't buy as much Apolyton stuff.
    33.33%
    I don't like the bias, but I wouldn't buy the stuff anyway.
    12.50%
    No, it doesn't effect my purchasing decisions.
    50.00%
    When are they going to sell an Apolyton banana? That's what I'm waiting for dangit!
    4.17%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I just get annoyed that I'll never get to the required 500 posts to have an avatar because I only post here in the OT forums.

So the only way for me to actually get to 500 would be to spam the other forums which obviously isn't what they intended with the ruling.

Comment

No. I'm already not buying Apolyton stuff because of the lifetime ban Apolyton imposed upon Yo_Yo_Yo_Hey and Stewart Spink.

Some people will point out that Apolyton has the right to ban anyone they want, for any reason they want, for as long as they want--which is true--but I have the right no to buy Apolyton stuff. So let's see who blinks first.

Comment

Strong stuff Zkribbler. Gamestats is ancient history by now. I thought it YYYH and Spink was all their fault? Though lets not forget what they did was truly dumb stuff, enough is enough. However, lets stay on focus...OT posts and the Apolyton stuff we want.

Demerzel, what a story. Such an injustice...

I feel your pain guys!

The sad thing is, we WANT the Apolyton stuff...BUT...

I have a big BUT.

We need some healing here, hands across America, we are the world...end the pain, start the healing. Isn't it time we all came together? :sniff:

Comment

Are you serious? It's all a lot of toss and you damned well know it.

Comment

Always good to get the perspective of the DL minority.

Comment

Yes I would. Having posts count in the OT would help me gain a custom avatar, which would in turn help make me a more visible presence on the forum and increase the sense of camaraderie I feel with other posters. Eventually, this attachment would grow so strong that it would be impossible for me to resist quality Apolyton merchandise. Just some food for thought.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I might think about buying some stuff if they removed all the popups. Even if I was going to buy something I won't if a popup window comes up in my face. I lost about 500 posts about a year ago because of some crash at Apolyton and I never said anything about it. But the issue of being second class citizens is rather humiliating. I demand my rights!

Comment

MarkG and Dan, tear down this wall! Let my people go! STOP in the name of love...

do da do da...

Before you break my heart, think it o over...

Diana Ross was truly great. Supreme even.

What were we talking about?

Comment

er uh...yes...I would!
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I don't care. My decision has nothing to do with the OTF post count issue. I simply have too much stuff right now, I'd need to get rid of some first
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's a bi-partisan effort!

Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Kidding, I love you guys.

:BIG hug:

Stefu, what about a BIG hug smiley?

Stefu?

Comment

If OT posts counted I would certainly be a King by now..but I have my Nietzsche avatar, which is all that I wanted.

As for buying stuff..I rarely buy the kind of stuff sold here. If Markos put together some POly approved reading list (of philosohpy, history, tech and science, and sci-fi), or installed some sort of virtual pub, then maybe I would buy something, though since I have yet to get a credit card, I think it would be rather difficult.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The problem is it is too expensive. I have an Apolyton cup that ended up costing around $60 and a few weeks. I can get a cup from the shops today for $2.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

"I have an Apolyton cup, which I highly prize, a cap which is the pits, and a sweat shirt which fits my father in law and is his favorite. I'd like a larger sweat shirt which would fit me, three more cups, and maybe a beer mug if they have them now.

BUT!

Though I'm not big on posts counts, I know when I'm being treated as a second class citizen. So, I hold off making my purchases until the bias against me, and other OT posters, ends. I'm wondering if others are doing the same, because if so maybe the top brass should be made aware of the situation in order to better evaluate the effects of their anti OT bias on us (I want the stuff) and themselves (they want to sell the stuff).

So, would you buy, or buy more, if the bias were removed and OT posts counted?"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X