NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft Thread

Well, haven't seen one of these yet, and since the draft is tomorrow, I guess the time is right.

It's also a good time because I'm excited again about the draft. Being a Bears fan, I just heard that we traded the 4th pick for both of the Jet's first round picks.
    (13 and 22) I think. Now it will be harder for the Bears to screw up.

Let the games begin.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

carson palmer to cinncinati. i hope there is rioting there.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I pray to god that people overlook McGahee. I desperately want him to fall into the champions' laps at 64. (Yeah, I know... it won't happen, but a guy can dream, right?)
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

64. Well at least that draft pick you gave up was worth something in the long run.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rah: Heck, it was worth something in the short run, too. All hail Gruden.

Our biggest need is offensive line, and there will be plenty of value to be had for it in the latter hours of Day 1. Plus, we have all those supplemental picks coming. I really want McGahee, though... he'd be the franchise back and the last piece of the puzzle that we really need, and plus, it keeps him in familiar territory.
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Palmer to Cincy is such an awful decision for the worst team in the league. They need to look at their problems not just take the trophy QB....need to let Kitna develop...hes got some experience and needs to develop

by the way....GO TEXANS
            I just don't know anymore.

Comment

i hate McGahee with a passion...hes from Miami...miami just like FSU are all cheating, semi-pro, ex and current cons...for gods sake they bring their parol officers to the games
              I just don't know anymore.

Comment

Chicago treaded down ?

DAMN IT!

That screws me, as far as what I wanted, which is CB Terence Newman.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                  I pray to god that people overlook McGahee. I desperately want him to fall into the champions' laps at 64. (Yeah, I know... it won't happen, but a guy can dream, right?)
                  Yes, I just heard a rumor out of Halas hall that if McGahee is still available in the second round, that the bears are now willing to take a chance on him since they have two picks prior in the first round. But they don't expect him to still be there. They figure Oakland will pick him in the first round with the pick they got from Tampa.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Chicago-Jets trade is a good deal for both sides... as long as the Jets aren't trying to get a wide receiver at #4. If they wanted Rogers or Johnson they would probably have had to deal with Houston to have a chance.

SlowwHand: Not necessarily. Newman will probably still be on the board as long as Dallas doesn't trade down. (I highly doubt the Jets moved up to get Newman - that's not where their problem is right now.) The question is whether Tuna will stand pat or deal with the Saints.

Comment

Jones doesn't want to trade down. Wants an impact player.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No other trades reported yet. We're down to crunch time.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like the trade... The Bears would have just made an expensive mistake anyway. The players they want will still be available.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Jets want Robertson. He's a monster!

And if he's taken by Houston, they'll probably end up taking Johnson... though who knows, they may take Newman.

And McGahee is NO WAY gonna fall to Tampa. Keep dreaming, reismark .

He'll be gone within 5 picks of round 2, maybe round 1 (Al Davis likes the risky picks).
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran: Yeah, I know, but like I said... a guy can dream.

I wonder who the Patriots want at #2... ESPN is saying they're trying to swing a deal with Detroit. Newman? That would make things interesting, because then Johnson would surely still be on the board at #4, and WR is a need for the Jets now because of Snyder's piggy-banking...

Comment

Working...
                              X