No announcement yet.

Surreal experince, panic attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka, that was most certainly a panic attack, and you can still be a soldier, a politician or perhaps even a used car salesman if you work with this thing. In the event this isn't going to be a one-time thing, there are a lot of things you can do to improve your situation, and I'm not just talking about Prozac.

I don't know if this is going to help you in any way, but it's been my personal experience that the people with mild to moderate anxiety disorders tend to be pretty cool and interesting people.

Comment

And yes, it's vitally important that you see a doctor, because panic attacks are sometimes things not psychological in nature. For example, I experienced there is medicine out there which can give a somewhat similar side-effect to what you got.

Comment

Re: Surreal experince, panic attacks?

Originally posted by Pekka
        I was wondering if we had any polyners here who suffer from panic attacks?
        Yep. Though I'm usually able to simply play on my bed, and begin forcing myself to become calm......and after about 10 minutes, it works.

My wife also suffers from them. However she has to go to the hospital.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Re: Surreal experince, panic attacks?

Originally posted by Pekka
          I was wondering if we had any polyners here who suffer from panic attacks? I'm not sure if I do, but it's very possible. Just an hour ago I was at post office, waiting in long line and I was hot and uncomfortable to begin with. Little kids running like wild beasts screaming and all that what makes me thing if this is not hell, then I don't want to know what it's like. So there I was, minding my own business and suddenly I start feeling very disoriented, followed with little chest pains. I couldn't breath easily, I could only get short breaths of air or that what it felt like. Then little dizzy feeling, legs start feeling wobbly and at this point I'm somehow convinced I'm dying. I mean even though I wasn't screaming, I was sure this is it. For some weird reason I also thought that if this is it, I wouldn't go screaming and pooping my pants, I go quiet here in this line, collapse and drop dead.. like there's some dignity in that instead of pleading for help.

Right then I was able to walk outside, I was still little dizzy, very disoriented but I could already breathe normally.. it was scary though, but I figured if I was goign through heart attack, I would know it for sure since doctor told me that when I once called there. I was all sweaty and feeling like crap. Now I feel better, but not like million bucks. I think it was panic attack coming, I don't know.. I'm pretty sure about it, what do you guys think? Sound any familiar to some of you? I'm telling you it wasn't funny at all, I used to think panic attacks are bad, but not THIS bad, ****, I wasn't sure if I was going to drop unconsciouss right there and die.

yep it was a panik attack. dont have any but i know a person who used to.

same description of symptoms. like a photocopy.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.. I've been wondering all day now what could have triggered it.
            I was getting super uncomfortable, you know when you just want to drop everything and scream 'everybody STFU! Just shut up and calm down!' and then stop the running kids who keeps bumping into you and rip their hearts out. I tried to calm down, but then I noticed I was super hot (dressed way too warm) and I was running late from another place and all that. And then instead of calming down I noticed shortened breathing and there it started..... I can work under stress no problem though.

As far as soldiering comes, I don't see any problems myself, I'm not afraid of getting that kind of attack in let's say bad situation. I'm afraid no one will recruit me if I have that in my medical backround. Let's say you have two equal guys. You take the one with panic attack history, or the one with clean history? Pretty easy choice.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You're going to offer your soldiering experience to more than one employer?
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I had some panic attacks like that in my early teens but they have pretty much ceased.

Comment

In college I had a girlfriend who had exactly those symptoms bad enough that I had to take her to the emergency room. I had never heard of it before and I'm a little ashamed to say that I attributed it to her being a drama queen, which she was big time. I remember her frustration at trying to convince the doctors that there really was something wrong with her but all they ever did was keep her a few hours for observation.

As far as I know she doesn't suffer from these anymore or if she does its only when shes under a great deal of stress, usually asociated with her being a drama queen. (we had a bad break-up if you couldn't tell)

Comment

I've been having them off and on for three days..i was kinda stuck in bed today as they've begun to lead to heart palpitations...it depends on my stress level (VERRRRRRRRRRY HIGH!)....
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                    X