Surreal experince, panic attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surreal experince, panic attacks?

I was wondering if we had any polyners here who suffer from panic attacks? I'm not sure if I do, but it's very possible. Just an hour ago I was at post office, waiting in long line and I was hot and uncomfortable to begin with. Little kids running like wild beasts screaming and all that what makes me thing if this is not hell, then I don't want to know what it's like. So there I was, minding my own business and suddenly I start feeling very disoriented, followed with little chest pains. I couldn't breath easily, I could only get short breaths of air or that what it felt like. Then little dizzy feeling, legs start feeling wobbly and at this point I'm somehow convinced I'm dying. I mean even though I wasn't screaming, I was sure this is it. For some weird reason I also thought that if this is it, I wouldn't go screaming and pooping my pants, I go quiet here in this line, collapse and drop dead.. like there's some dignity in that instead of pleading for help.

Right then I was able to walk outside, I was still little dizzy, very disoriented but I could already breathe normally.. it was scary though, but I figured if I was goign through heart attack, I would know it for sure since doctor told me that when I once called there. I was all sweaty and feeling like crap. Now I feel better, but not like million bucks. I think it was panic attack coming, I don't know.. I'm pretty sure about it, what do you guys think? Sound any familiar to some of you? I'm telling you it wasn't funny at all, I used to think panic attacks are bad, but not THIS bad, ****, I wasn't sure if I was going to drop unconsciouss right there and die.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

How old are you? And how much sleep did you get the night before? And what did you have to eat?

Better look at that before jumping to conclusion, everybody has those atleast once in their lives but it's usually not panic attacks
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I'm 22.. 23 soon. I sleep like a dog. I wake up every hour, been that for long time. I have eaten properly though.. I was feeling good before it happened.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Maybe you just have low or high blood pressure, some people collapse because they have that...like my mother.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

My blood pressure is fine. I'm not sure if it was bad this day before that thing. But in general, it's good. I had it checked in january at check up I had to get for this job (which I never even got).
          In da butt.

Comment

First symptoms of SARS?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah DaShi, that's very funny
              In da butt.

Comment

You're problem is that you're too healthy. When you do get sick, it just makes the cause more likely to be more serious.

So stop excerising and for God's sake eat some fatty foods, man!
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It seems a real panic attack to me. That sensation of imminent death is a classical symptom.
                  The doctors say that you will not die because of this... But you feel like it, for sure!
                  Yes, I know what I'm talking about...
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Yeah, I've been dazed before training and not eating properly, being too tired and all that, feeling uncomfortable, like passing out and head aches, but this was nothing like it.. the strongest feeling was that I was sure this is it and game over. Even now when it's over and I'm feeling pretty normal, it's nasty to even think about the feeling I got.. I don't need any facts about 'you're not going to die, this is not dangerous', the feeling alone is bad enough.
                    In da butt.

Comment

I still hope it was not panic attacks though, maybe it wasn't. Because it would mean end to my dreams of being pro soldier..
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        ........ I don't need any facts about 'you're not going to die, this is not dangerous', the feeling alone is bad enough.
                        Exactly. But if this happens again, know that will help.
                        Helped me.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

I still hope it was not panic attacks though, maybe it wasn't. Because it would mean end to my dreams of being pro soldier..
                          No, this kind of thing is curable. I had this for a few months, years ago.
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

It is? I thought it was one of those things.. well, I guess I need to go to doctor and make them check me up and see what's wrong and could it be panic attacks etc.
                            In da butt.

Comment

If it's anything like the one that i have experienced, the attack itself isn't necessarily triggered by "general" fear. It may be related to one particular event/experience that you had and only happen when you are exposed to something that reminds you of that.
                              A combat situation may very well not trigger anything in your case, maybe the children's laughs or shouts or a combination of sounds, place, lighting is what triggered it.
                              Bottom line is : find the trigger first.
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X