Amelie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amelie.

It has been said many times but can't be said never enough. Go rent this movie. Or see it in summer theater reruns if you have them.

One of the very best films ever to grace the big screen.

and on the 3rd day poly risen

I've seen half of and enjoyed it but my girlfriend changed the channel. I've now learned that french films are pretentious and not worth watching. It's good to have someone that tells you what to like and think.

Comment

i bought the movie.

'tis great.
      B♭3

Comment

Amelie!
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I bought the DVD. Excellent movie.

Comment

I loved it. And speaking of French culture, you recommended Noir Desir and Saez a while back Paiktis, and I just want you to know that they've got a new fan in me.

Not the sort of fan who pays actual money for the albums, but you know, whatever.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Amelie, I too thought the movie was good when I first saw it. However, a movie that I would recommend viewing on DVD is Star Wars, Episode II. After having seen all the movies from last year, and the academy awards, I would now have to rank this film right up there with the best. This movie is easily the best of the Star Wars series.

I think what killed the movie for many, though, is the complete lack of romantic sparks between Anakin and Amidala. That kiss in the end is pathetic.

But what I really liked about the movie was it overall gloom of Joda. He knows that events are getting out of hand. All is not well in the Republic.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Felch X
                I loved it. And speaking of French culture, you recommended Noir Desir and Saez a while back Paiktis, and I just want you to know that they've got a new fan in me.
                Glad to hear it!

You may also want to check out, if you haven't heard them already, The Hives (try: Hate to say I told you so) and Morcheeba (try: blindfold)

edit: they're not french, from norway i think but worth checking IMO.

Comment

i really love the sountrack to amelie.

as for star wars movies... i didn't like episode ii that much. nor did i like ep i. indeed, most of the movies, if one puts them up to heavy scrutiny, fails.

good popcorn movies, though.
                  B♭3

Comment

Blech!

Star Wars II sucks big hairy arse!!!

It is better than Star Wars I - but then so was Plan 9 From Outer Space!

Amelie OTOH
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

A girl who is rather close to me said I remind her of the character in this movie and she really wants me to see it sometime.

She also suggested Zylka see Requiem for a Dream
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Besides the ingenious direction, the heart grasping scenario and the overall humanity and sweetness of the film didn't you get also impressed by the beautiful colours and the combination of the colours of the movie?

I wonder if they used some kind of colour enhancing camera filter or was it naturally.

Comment

paiktis: The Hives are swedish (and moderately enjoyable, however repetitive).

Comment

Ok thanks. That song is a gem though.

Comment

This movie is easily the best of the Star Wars series.
                              I couldn't force myself to keep watching the crap after the romance scenes started getting unway. Even worse than Phantom Menance.

Amelie on the other and is cute and well worth watching.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X