Future Prediction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Prediction Thread

This is the thread for all us intelligent debaters who obviously know everything about the future of important events like wars, international relations and the success of Microsoft products to post those predictions and check if they stand the test of time.

You can also post predictions of other posters with the goal of embarrasing them when their obviously flawed world view is proven to be wrong.

I'll post my thoughts a bit later.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Che is ultimately going to have to admit that forming this organization was a dip**** move on his part.

humanshields Berita Terbaru Seputar DUNIA

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This thread will be filled with many of what can only be described as crackpot theories.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Future Prediction Thread

Originally posted by Eli
        You can also post predictions of other posters with the goal of embarrasing them when their obviously flawed world view is proven to be wrong.

I'll post my thoughts a bit later.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

2005-2010 - Paper-thin animated posters and pictures on sale, though only used by the richer at first, as production costs become cheaper they become more widespead. Posters and pictures no longer need to be taken down to be changed.
          The line between entertainment and art/deco is merged as posters and pictures double as television sets.
          Similar technology is eventually used in books and newspapers.

Just an interesting thought.

Comment

Well, lets give it a try:

In the ME: the Palestinians will aprove Abu Mazen's cabinet, which then forces the US to release the Road Map. The Israelis will demand that several changes be made, so that an end to violnce comes before any Isaraeli action. The Palestinians will complain, and the extremist groups will state that Israel is not acting in faith, and that before violence ends, concurrent steps must be taken. By the end of this year, a slightly less dangerous atmosphere will reign, with some Palestian groups agreeing to some sort of ceasefire while Sharon's government will have been forced by the US to end some minor outposts created since the new round of violence, though "natural growth" will not have been halted, and there will have been a huge stink in the right in Israel for the dismantling of any outposts.

In Iraq: the oppositions groups will still be deadlocked about the form of the new government by mid-summer. THe US will begin to pull out while re-building efforts will be behind schedule and snipping in the UN will continue. Pro-US groups will fance danger sicne they will be called stooges of the occupier. But by this point, US mdeia will only report on Iraq every other day, and mainly human interest pieces.

With Iran and Syria: more talk, no actions. The US will continue to make a stink as Iraqn continues to meddle in Iraq.

NK: most hazy. THe North Koreans will demand ironclad guarantess of security that the US will not be willing to give. 60-40% chance that at some point current round of talks breaks down and NK escaaltes yet again.

South Asia and Africa: will continue as they are, no major actions. At worst, civil violence in Nigeria over the elections.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Buffy will have Spikes baby
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The Yankees will win 105 games, but get knocked out of the playoffs (ALCS, I figure) because of tired starters & shoddy relief pitching.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

La Lakers will win again this year and so will AC Milan
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    The Yankees will win 105 games, but get knocked out of the playoffs (ALCS, I figure) because of tired starters & shoddy relief pitching.

-Arrian
                    reasonable predictions Arrian, not insane fantasies (or nightmares).

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                      Who d'you think you are? The A's?
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well, they sure are gonna win a ****load of games this year. But tell me, do you trust that 'pen?

Mariano, yeah, when he's healthy. Karsay? Even when healthy I'm not sure of him. Hammond is ok... but last year had to have been a fluke. Acevedo looks pretty good, and should be the setup guy when Mariano gets back. Osuna's hurt (and often is) but seems ok, not great. Choate has trouble finding the plate. Anderson is hittable as all hell.

Still, if I was convinced that Mo would come back & be healthy all year & into the playoffs, I'd feel better.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I predict that Tariq Aziz will be captured in the near future.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They have 140 odd games to go and recover. Besides, if the offense remains as is, and the starting pitching and defense stay as they are, the Yanks could afford to miss some good closers.

Comment

It could be worse, you could have the Red Sox 'pen.

Closer-by-committee? Give me a f**king break ....

I can't see a Yankees World Series this year. The A's are my pick at the moment, although they need their hitters to perfom. The Giants look good for the NL.

The Cubbies have started decently, but there's no point in even talking about them getting to the Series.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X