Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newt Gingrich Says Colin Powell is a Dork

Well he didn't actually say that of course, but:

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich accused the State Department of undermining President Bush's foreign policy and denounced Secretary of State Colin Powell's plan to go to Syria as ludicrous.

What the hell is Newt Gingrich up to anyway? Is he taking lessons from Schroeder?
    Last edited by Ted Striker; April 24, 2003, 00:53.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Newt Gingrich = Adulterous(sp?) Dork
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Gingrich makes some good points. We should pressure Syria instead of coddling them. There may be something there.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It seems he wants to climb out of history's dustbin.

Comment

Do you think there is an ulterior motive for what he is saying though? I mean he's undermining his own party though...
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cross post with Lord Merciless.

That's what I think too. He's like the kid in the corner screaming for attention.

Comment

Do you think there is an ulterior motive for what he is saying though? I mean he's undermining his own party though...

He actually believes in things. He did when he was in power, he does now. He was actually one of my favorite pols back in the day, and I still have fond memories of him now.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

What has Slimey Salamander been doing for a living since being thrown out on his ass after losing his position as SotH?

And why do we care what he thinks?
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I miss Bob Dole (frown)

Comment

Oh, btw... just because Newt hasn't been in the public eye, doesn't mean he has been gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Oh, btw... just because Newt hasn't been in the public eye, doesn't mean he has been gone.
                      Ok, you've 'responded' to my question.

Now 'answer' it...

; ) : p

Comment

He's been involved in the RNC. Was a big guy during the 2000 election fiasco. Been going around to these private agencies, speaking, helping out candidates, etc.

Oh, and of course, lobbying .

Comment

I wonder what Bush thinks of this. Powell did not succeed in diplomacy. Was it State's fault?
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            He's been involved in the RNC. Was a big guy during the 2000 election fiasco. Been going around to these private agencies, speaking, helping out candidates, etc.

Oh, and of course, lobbying .
                            God, give him back his position as SotH!! At least that way we can keep a more scrutinous eye on him...

; )

Comment

Hey, I'd rather have him there than Hastert .

But his reputation isn't that great... so being behind the scenes is the best for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X