Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Apolyton Outtage had been covered in the News...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Apolyton Outtage had been covered in the News...

From the Outtage Update desk in Athens, Greece

Outtage Purposely Caused, unnamed sources claim

Credible inside sources have whispered that the Apolyton Diaspora was caused by unscrupulous Greek capitalists in an purposeful attempt to drive up registrations and hit rates at other websites owned by those self-same Greek capitalists.

One source whom asked to remain anonymous, claimed that documents existed that proved that the Outtage, and the resultant Diaspora, was purposely conceived and executed so to meet expected goals at Imarton.net by the end of April. Unfortunately, these documents were destroyed last Monday night in a marathon 10-hour shredding session that involved 3 people.

"Why else redirect us to their other site, even going so far as to call it 'The Official Apolyton Refugee Camp', just to offer crap boards and other messaging systems, if for no other reason than to drive up certain performance variables?" asked Robert Shapiro, attorney for the effected posters. "Why, were it not for the fine folk at www.freefirezone.net and www.counterglow.com, the Apolyton refugees might have been lost in an downward spiral of threadded message boards and craptacular "guestbooks" in other web sites offered by Giannopolous TransNational."

Officials from Giannopolous TransNational have refused to comment.

Have fun! Be nice!

Isn't "Greek capitalists" an oxymoron?
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I'm sure someone would find a way to blame it on Bush or the US?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, given the number of so-called "anti-American" or "anti-Bush" threads and statements, of course the "traitors" and "Saddam/bin Ladden sympathizers" would be targetted by Bush II's cyber-henchmen. Probably suspected 'Poly was a terrorist bulletin board, what with all the secret coded-messages.

Last edited by DRoseDARs; April 24, 2003, 04:15.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I don't think it was a coincidence that seven black helicopters with "GTN" markings hovered menacingly over my apartment complex not long after 'Poly went down.

The UN's New World Order has *got* to stop loaning its fleet out to every Tom, **** and Harry that comes along down the pike.

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Why is Richard censored?

Whehey, smileys work!
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

" 20 civilization players committed suicide world wide during the outage of the "Apolyton Civilization Site" which is the strongest evidence that video games and internet are a danger to societies everywhere and that the government should regulate the sector meticolously " - J Aschroft
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

"The site was never down! It was all of your computers! You all kept mispelling 'Apolyton' when you typed it into your browser!"

"But Mr. Apolyton Minister of Information, the people have the site book marked. They don't type anything."

"The site was never down! You are all being mislead!"
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

this might be a good time posting this interesting thread I've found while frantically trying to avoid the 404 message.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

When asked if he knew about Apolyton crash yesterday, Sid Meier said: "I know "
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I am outraged that CGN was not mentioned. It took a number of refugees, as well as a few economic migrants who were only interested in Reis Marks.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I agree, BC.

(Damn, where is the "rate" button? )
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                        X