What's your favorite Discworld book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's a tough choice....

all those characters/groups! I mean, Death is just great, Rincewind and the wizards, (the wizzard and the wizards ) The watch... King Pteppicimon... The auditors of reality....

But in the end, my favourite are the Watch... Though it was a bit down-putting having read Jingo and Feet of Clay _before_ Guards! Guards!.. Alcoholic Vimes just was a difficult thing to cope with...

And as for the specific book, i liked Jingo very much... "Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. But set fire to him, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Eeew, how can you possibly like Hogfather?
      Hogfather is my favorite but maybe because it was the first Prachett book I came across.

Thief of Time is IMHO the most creative. The concept of taking chunks of time ("my goodness, is it 3:00 o'clock already?? Where did the time go?") to stitch up history, and the invention of the procrastinator were both brilliant.

Moving Pictures is also wonderous, twisting the early days of Hollywood into a fantasy novel was a daring concept. I the climatic scene were the gigantic woman carrying a screaming ape climbs to the top of a tower while CMOT Dibbler looks on with a vague notion that something is slightly wrong with the whole set up.

Comment

I voted Small Gods. But Moving Pictures is second place. And Teppic is also cool.
        money sqrt evil;
        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Ah, I forgot about Small Gods. That is another of my favorites.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
          X