Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Carole of course

Zigor is not bad either

With a friend of mine, we are trying to come up with names for our future child But we can't proceed, since we didn't find any compromise.

My offers :
    Vladimir
    Alexandre
    Nicolas
    Theo

Her offers :
    Pierre-Alexandre
    Linux

The dilemma !
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Vladimir? why?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

linux is odd too... what is it? finnish?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought Lenin's first name would be an acceptable compromise Yet, she didn't accept it.

Linux is the name of one of the biggest competitors to Windows, and is derivated from the first name of its Finnish creator, Linus Torvalds.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            Linux
            Ted vomits all over the floor!!!
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Agreed Ted. To me, it was even more of a firm no-no than Pierre-Alexandre (which is a terrible name enough already).
              And we haven't even started to think of the name in case it's a girl

Ack, my head hurts already

Comment

really it's finnish-related? I knew linux was something that had to do with computers... i was just trying to take an innocent shot at the finnish people... it really is finnish... who would've thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  really it's finnish-related?
                  Yep, you were spot-on

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Agreed Ted. To me, it was even more of a firm no-no than Pierre-Alexandre (which is a terrible name enough already).
                    And we haven't even started to think of the name in case it's a girl

Ack, my head hurts already
                    Good man.

How about Madeline? That's a really nice French-German type name, very classy.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind when we'll start discussing girl's names. It's a tad old-fashioned, but original, so she might like it.

Comment

These always remind me of Homer Simpsons ranting about how the gays "have taken over manly names like Bruce, Lance and Julian".

Uh, I was making a a direct reference.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I've always been partial to "Atilla".

I think it would make a great name for a pug.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

My mum always had a soft spot for the name 'Gatske' (now there's a good Friesan name; it's pronounced Hots-cuh). So much so that she almost called my sister it, until my dad persuaded her to settle on the far more pronunceable 'Rachel' instead.
                            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

we have a newspaper reporter in Israel named atilla.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X