Help with depression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with depression.

Well around this time every year I start to get depressed. I don't know what it is but here's the situation.

I go to college and my college has one of the longest semesters (both fall and spring) in the US. I don't know what it is but for the past coupla years I get depressed around this time of year. I don't specifically know why and it's pretty bad. I don't eat much, slack on my school work, and don't really care what goes on around me. I don't do drugs (illegal or legal) and don't drink much during the spring semester.

My friends said that it might be because I want to graduate already cause I see other ppl graduating...but is that it?

If you guys have some suggestions on why I feel down around this time of year...or if you have any tips on how to get out of the rut, it'd help me alot.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

I won't even begin to try to guess what is causing your depression...

But I would recommend spending a little more time with your friends... get out, have some fun... smell the roses... And just focus on enjoying life for a little bit.

It works for me
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hmmm, well...I do spend time with my friends but I don't know...it's like somethings bothering me and I just can't place it.

I know some fellow Apolytoners suffer from depression and I'd just like to know how they get over the hump.

Sorry, not b****ing, just want to find some pointers.

Thanks.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

I'm pretty depressed too, but I know the cause. I'm getting buried in end of the semester work and I'm freaking out about it. Getting this far behind depresses the hell out of me.

As for getting you out of your rut, let me just say this one thing. Hawaii is the greatest football school in all of the Western Athletic Conference. They are also better than all the former WAC schools that ran away like pussies to the Mountain West in order to escape the terror that is the Warrior football squad. Especially BYU, those ****ing ***** *****es.

Hope that helps. Just remember that we only have a few weeks left.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

From the sounds of it, it's nothing you should be on medication for if it's just a seasonal/temporary thing.

I don't know what you can do to help it, because nothing aside from medication has ever helped me with it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

When I am feeling down, I hop in my car, alone, roll down the windows and turn up some loud music, and fly down the highway or some back roads. Sing along, shout it out. Very cathartic, I've found. Listen to the music that reminds you of you, and let go. A temporary fix to be sure, but it helps me get back to the basics.

Also, as you are in Hawaii, you can just think about us continentals who are a thousand miles from an ocean and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              I'm pretty depressed too, but I know the cause. I'm getting buried in end of the semester work and I'm freaking out about it. Getting this far behind depresses the hell out of me.
              (I've got to get up in 6 hours for a final I'm so not ready for)
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

my theory is that the brain chemistry does get a little screwed up. You can fix them with drugs, or just do something drastic to jump start your system.

I find near death experiences are best for this.

Comment

(I've got to get up in 6 hours for a final I'm so not ready for)

Sorry. I have a Japanese test in seven hours that I haven't studied for yet, so I know the feeling.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Thanks, Drake!

hmmmm, maybe it's just end-of-the-semester stress....but I don't get depressed after the fall semester. *shrug*

thanks guys, really making me think about this rut i'm in.

Comment

If you lived in higher latitude I'd say it was textbook SADS. It's grim in early spring when your serotonin levels are still low and you've just come through a long, dark winter.

But if your location field is accurate I doubt it's that. Could be stress.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

SADS? What's that?

and my location field is correct, I live in Hawaii...Honolulu.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                          SADS? What's that?

and my location field is correct, I live in Hawaii...Honolulu.
                          I should hope he means SAD rather than SADS.

SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Comment

AKA "Seasonally Affective Depressive Syndrome".
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X