Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you people know any games that can be played via Directplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you people know any games that can be played via Directplay?

Hello Apolyton, I need your help.

Do you people know any fair RTS games that use Directplay, or whatever is the name of the system in which you play directly peer to peer via the internet.

Thanks in Advance.
    urgh.NSFW

Alternatively, you can recommend me some sort of a good free LAN emulation software.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Alternatively, you can **** off.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

DirectPlay? Wasn't that the DirectX networking part that was so flaky that everybody just handled their sockets themselves instead?
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

so?

[/desperate]
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have no regular modem, since I am surfing through ADSL. I want to play a game. It has a connection either through the modem, or through IPX.

can you help?

Kali? demands cash. Kahn: dead.

what should I do?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

bump.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

i thought i remember eu2 using this(which is the reason it crashes so damn much?). eu2 is a rts too(sort of)! i haven't played multiplayer much in eu2 but it seems pretty cool. you should check http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...?s=&forumid=51
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Well, I can't call EU RTS, sorry.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

it's real time with pause! rts = real time strategy, but i guess you were looking for a clickfest ala warcraft 3.
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Yes! you've got a problem with that?
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

have a lan party.

sorry, i dont know software for you
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

ahh, LAN parties. my friends are just way too lazy ( and so am I! ).

We used to burn days away that way back in highschool, but it was only CS, and DN3d.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                          X