Bloody computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody computer

Why must it give me so much crap? What have I done to deserve it?

It began earlier today, when I tried to load Nero. The program whinged about the executable having been altered, and claimed that this might have been due to a virus. It suggested a reinstall, so I uninstalled Nero.

When I tried to reinstall it, it came up with the following message:

Error: MSVCRT.DLL is not compatible with Win32s

followed by another box, containing:

The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000142), Click on OK to terminate the application.

And it continues to do it. It does the exact same thing when I try to install Norton Antivirus 2003. I'm using Windows 2000 Professional on a P166: Nero ran perfectly fine on this system before today, although I was running Windows Me when I installed it.

What's going on?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Mine keeps freezing inexplicably. Usually at the most inopportune moments. Computers suck
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

download more anti-virus programmes

Also, try to download a different version for Nero, an older version, a newer version whatever... always works with me
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

My laptop is still in Austria being fixed/replaced/smashed to many pieces with a large hammer-like object.

Comment

You were running Windows Me when you install Nero and want to run it under W2K? Nah, Windows doesn't work that way.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Did you try installing a version that is specifically compatible with win2k?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X