Computer scientists and physics students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_jon
    Why are lecture theatres almost always named after companies which have nation-wide boycotts?
    I think it's a ploy by University admin to annoy the hard-left student groups that represent nobody and cause them so much irritation...
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Re: Computer scientists and physics students

Originally posted by Boddington's
      Gosh you can tell when you walk into a lecture room and there has been either a computer science or physics lecture...the room stinks awful.

Anyone other uni guys noticed this?
      Yep.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*

I think it's a ploy by University admin to annoy the hard-left student groups that represent nobody and cause them so much irritation...
        Money - that's it. The government doesn't fund them properly so they have to go begging.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          one of my friends roommates is a compsci physics double major, and stinks to high heaven. his resident assistant actually demanded that he take a shower once a week. how foul is that?
          ****ing gross
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Theres a guy on my floor at uni who stinks, but he's an engineering student.

Comment

physics for the most patr did not have any hgene issues

(only times people went showeless is when thety spent all night doing physics)

Comp-Sci on the other hadn seems to have some of those type of epople

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I personallyt can't get going in the morning without a shower (even though I am occasionaly accused of going without mostly because my hair is an uncombed mess)

if I miss a shower for whatever reason (usually having to do with being late), I always ahve to return home as soon as my schedule allows it in order to take a shower

it just feels wrong

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't shower. There are demons in the water.

Seriously though, In chemistry, sometime we have to stink. But not BO type of stench. Imagine a REALLY strong smell of Vinegar, for example.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I make sure I shower every day - even if it means I'm late (though I have awsome powers of flukiness - a short while back ay my friend Emma was surprised to find me going into the shower at 8:50 when we had a seminar at 9.00 - I managed to get there on time, having done my usual routine and walked to the other end of campus. She wasn't pleased )

Comment

In addition to a Petro-Canada Lecture Theatre, ChevronTexaco Lecture Theatre, BP-Amoco Lecture Theatre...
                      Those are priceless!

You go to UofC, right?

I don't think UofA has any of those... Though I'm pretty sure there is a Telus building.

Doesn't have quite the same effect.
                      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                        Those are priceless!

You go to UofC, right?
                        Yep.

I forgot to mention the Shell Canada Theatre too, and that's the one I'm in most...

All of those named theatres were built in the late 70s though, during the hey-day of the oil boom.

All the new stuff are things like "ICT Lecture Theatre One". :/

There's also a huge Esso/Exxon Research Centre, but that's named that because it's an Esso/UofC joint venture thing. Not the same thing.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's also a huge Esso/Exxon Research Centre, but that's named that because it's an Esso/UofC joint venture thing. Not the same thing.
                          Yeah, I think that's what the Telus thing is, too.

Go Dinos?
                          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Our business school/faculty was renamed "Haskayne School of Business" after a very large private donation from one guy named Haskayne.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hmmmm

that's what they say about CS and physics students in my school too. But they also expand it to gifted class.

Somehow it feels awkward to be a gifted student, studying CS and physics.... (as well as extra english translation).

But I'm actually one of the least funky / mingy in our class

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

LOL.
                                We've got tons of those, we've got an Esso Lecture Theatre as well.

In addition to a Petro-Canada Lecture Theatre, ChevronTexaco Lecture Theatre, BP-Amoco Lecture Theatre...

The oil companies love my uni.
                                That's what happens when you go to a nouveau-riche university. All ours are named after wealthy citizen donors or famous faculty (Marshall McLuhan; Northrop Frye; etc.).
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X