Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tattoos or piercings? Do you find them attractive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tattoos or piercings? Do you find them attractive?

So, do you have any tattoos and/or body piercings, and do you find them attractive on members of the opposite sex (or same sex, if that's applicable to you)?

Personally, I have none and don't find them particularly appealing (although my girlfriend has a tattoo, but she got it before we started going out).
    I have at least one tattoo
    6.17%
    I have at least least one piercing
    1.23%
    I have at least one tattoo AND one piercing
    1.23%
    I have neither
    40.74%
    I find them attractive on others (either or, explain)
    8.64%
    I don't like them on others
    32.10%
    I only wear bananas
    9.88%
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Women with tatoos and excess piercings are icky!
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tattoos are fugly on men and women.
      Earings are fugly on men, occasionally look good on women (provided it's not overdone), but I don't really care or notice them on women.

I have neither, and I'll never have a tattoo or an earing.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One piercing in each ear for women is ok but more then that looks bad and it's down right freakish when people have nose, eye, or lip piercings.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I got a Tat (big one too), and I am going to get more...

I will never get a piercing... As I say, "I already got enough holes in my head"

My wife has tats, and her ears pierced. As for if I find them sexy (and not just on her), it really depends on the tat/hole and the girl... Guys with holes?

I have a friend with over 22 holes and while I don't find him or the holes attractive I don't mind looking him...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

My ears are pierced once.
            I have two tats, one on each ankle.
            I got both of them in Hawaii, so they are special to me.
            I agree that ears pierced once is sufficient anything more than 2 in each ear is too much.
            Tats, if they're tasteful and expertly done.
            Some I like, others make me wonder what the wearer was thinking, drinking or taking at the time.
            When I got both of mine, a year apart, they wouldn't do them if I had been drinking prior to having the work done.
            Last edited by Ishtar; April 18, 2003, 22:52.

Comment

Ishtar: I agree with the Tat thing. It was years ago when I got mine. I went to San Fran to get mine, went up to Height Ashbury on a Sunday morning. The guy who gave it to me was covered head to two in tats and piercings. He gave me a drunk test! I picked the one I wanted and asked him how many times he has done that one... He said "once". I was like "oh, hell!" then he showed it to me, it was on his calf! The guy tatted himself! I trusted him... It came out really good, and my mom's friend thinks it is really good, and she is an artist.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I guess I should clarify that I think having each ear pierced once on a female is fine. Also, I have a small thing for women who have one ear pierced twice (but not both). I find it kinda cute.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

right now i have a nose ring, that i just got redone about a month ago

two years ago, before my old job forced me to take them out i had a nose ring, lip ring, multiple earrings (either 9 or 11 i'm not positive) and i intended to get an eye brow ring...most likely i'm going to get it all redone

i love piercings on girls if tastefully done, especially the nose, lip (on either side but not in the middle), and eyebrow...i don't like nipple rings and I think that tongue rings are over done

i think i'm going to get a tatoo but i'm unsure, we'll just have to see, i once had to spend some time in jail and i watched this guy get a prison tat which was pretty cool

as far as tats on girls go, the arms are good, and so is the lower back, but i don't really like them anywhere else, plus no butterflies, tigers, pooh bears, rebel flags, skulls, most fairies, any depiction of lilith, and most especially NO CLOWNS (either evil or otherwise)

so girls stick with tribal, perferabaly right above your thong straps on your lower back

ps. though there was this one girl i knew, she had tons of tatoos, including a dagger on her neck, god I thought she was hot!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree that one in each ear is cute. Several in each ear looks kinda trailer-trashy. Body piercings are just plain repugnant. I never really saw the charm of mutilation; while tattoos aren't intrinsically ugly, I don't really see the point.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Tattoos and piercings suck.

Especially ugly are the belly rings and also the ankle tattoos. Nothing ruins a nice body more than those 2 things.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I normally hate tatoos and piercings, but I acknowledge they can sometimes look good when they are well done and represent something beautiful and exotic. So, banana.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

My ankles aren't those that go all the way around.
                          They are tropical pics on the outside of each ankle.
                          Since I work in a law firm, they are placed so that they can be covered when necessary. I have some pics, I'll post here if I can find them.

Comment

Done in January, 1999
                            Skin Deep Tattoo
                            Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
                            Artist: Spike Fuqua
                            Attached Files

Comment

Second One
                              January, 2000
                              Same Studio
                              Same Artist

The two are very similar...the first was a dolphin
                              This one, a whale.

The second one is a combination of several Spike had done previously. They were put together and touches added specifically for me.

They are sentimental to me. Permanent souvineers of a most beautiful place. And, just in case I never get to go back, I have a little piece of Maui with me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X