Pre-determined Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-determined Sports

If tomorrow it 'leaked' that all major sports organizations (NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. etc.) had predetermined results, for suspense and 'entertainment purposes', would you still watch them? That is to say, the results are pre-determined (who won and who lost, and a rough idea of by what margin) but the actual athletes and such were still "real", obviously.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

how is this an interesting hypothetical?

Comment

No... I don't watch "pro" wrestling either...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, you can tell it's fake.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No. But I don't watch sport anyway.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I do watch pro wrestling, It's really funny and entertaining. But real sports being predetermined... no way! I wouldn't watch them anymore.

Comment

No, it'd ruin everything.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

even if you didn't know what the results were beforehand and the athletes were still amazing?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

you mean they aren't???

of course, i watch reruns of old games - sure i know the outcome but it doesn't really bother me, it loses something from the game, but its still very enjoyable to watch
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

They'd be amazing... in their acting abilities.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Being a Chicago fan... there is NO STINKING WAY I would watch fake sports. However, I might want to go out and kill all the script writers that have the Cubs out of the World Series for all these years
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

even if you didn't know what the results were beforehand and the athletes were still amazing?

But I'd KNOW it was rigged, and that would ruin it.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                          you mean they aren't???

of course, i watch reruns of old games - sure i know the outcome but it doesn't really bother me, it loses something from the game, but its still very enjoyable to watch
                          basically what i wanted to say.
                          :-p

Comment

But I'd KNOW it was rigged, and that would ruin it.
                            Isn't it the Drama and athleticism that makes you watch, though? I mean, what has really changed between the two...you still don't know who is going to win, there's still athleticism being displayed, and it's still dramatic...i guess I don't understand what would change between the two.

Comment

While I find watching classic games replays... I would not be interested in watching a sport with a script.

It's not the same... I know it's REAL and ANYTHING can happen... not what some script writer puts together. Those unbelieveable finishes are just that... not a script.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X