Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ok, leftists. You can start apologizing now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    It's still a crime.

Only this war wasn't illegal...
    According to international law, it was. The UNSC didn't approve it and the US wasn't under attack from Iraq. Therefore the war was illegal under the UN Charter, which the US signed, which makes it US law.

It's still a crime.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I would say we should see how things go over the coming years before jumping to any conclusions.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
        I would say we should see how things go over the coming years before jumping to any conclusions.
        yeah, the invasion began less than a month ago... history takes years of perspective to fully grasp, i doubt anyone would be able to accurately guage this conflict anytime soon
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

If I rob a bank and give the money to the poor, that doesn't make it right. Even if everything turns out for the best, I'll still go to jail if caught.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It is definitely illegal.

Therefore the war was illegal under the UN Charter, which the US signed, which makes it US law.

You guys need to do some more research on international law. The war in Iraq falls pretty squarely into one of the many "gray-areas" in international law. Both sides can claim that international law is on their side and they would both be right. The war wasn't clearly legal or illegal.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
              I think that needs to be evaluated independently from the invasion itself.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

here's where a lot of the disagreement lies.

World Press Review takes an in-depth look at the role of international law and the United Nations in the debate over whether to go to war in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  only if you apologize for anti clinton tripe
                  You must have me confused with someone else. I don't waste my time posting about that. I'm just glad that administration's over.

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
                    here's where a lot of the disagreement lies.

http://www.worldpress.org/specials/iraq/
                    That pretty well states it. It's pretty clear the US failed to meet any of the litmus tests for a legal war. The only grey area is the wool the neo-cons have tried to pull over our eyes.

Comment

holy warrior, i expect you to apolgize for other peoples actions just as you expect me to...
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's pretty clear the US failed to meet any of the litmus tests for a legal war.

No it isn't. The legality of the war depends greatly on how the phrase "serious consequences" is defined in Resolution 1441. The phrase is so vague that both sides can claim that they are right.

The only grey area is the wool the neo-cons have tried to pull over our eyes.

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ahh yes... another not so cleverly disguised thread with the intent to fan the flames...

I don't think so... Aren't there already enough threads where you guys keep repeating the same arguments
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X