Question for Photoshop Hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Photoshop Hackers

I have just recently been learning how to use photoshop, and actually making good progress, but I have one question for the Asher or Ixnays of the world. Something that I frequently see done at this site is change the letters in a word while still retaining the same style and font. For example, a while back Ixnay created an Apolyton logo that had the same style as "Yahoo!". Can any give me general directions on how to do this? I am using Photoshop 7.0.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Just use the font option. You might have to tryout hundreds of writting styles but you'll find it.

Good luck.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You could also cut n' paste parts of the existing letters together to form desired letters.

Comment

If I already have a lot of letters to choose from in what I'm trying to do, I'll cut and paste from existing letters. This is more time consuming but generally looks more authentic. This is what I used to make my fake marriage certificate:

Other times the font used is a fairly recognizable one that most people had. After doing this a lot I can recognize some of the more prevalent fonts pretty easily. I noticed that the font used for Cinnamon Toast crunch is actually Impact, with different colors and a stroke effect around the outside:

Other times you can do a search for the font and find somewhere to download it. http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fonts.html has a lot of fonts used in logos, products and such. To make this Apolyton logo, I got a Yahoo font from here and styled it to look like the original yahoo logo.

I'd be glad to answer any more questions

Comment

thanks Ixnay, that site is very useful. Are there any other really good free font sites you could direct me to?
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thousands of stylish fonts at your fingertips

0 free fonts in 0 families · Free licenses for commercial use · Direct font downloads · Mac · Windows · Linux

-i forget which is better
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

oh, and thanks for mentioning me in the first post, jackass!
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                Other times you can do a search for the font and find somewhere to download it. http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fonts.html has a lot of fonts used in logos, products and such. To make this Apolyton logo, I got a Yahoo font from here and styled it to look like the original yahoo logo.
                Great web's fonts!

Another one (in spanish, but easy to find the fonts):

Choose a key to see the fonts...

Good examples:
                Attached Files
                Si no hubiéramos sido lo que fuimos ahora no seríamos lo que somos... «Boys are back in town...»
                CIVILIZATION - PROGRESSIVE GAMES WEB
                SHOTS OF ROME , LISBON , GRANADA , SALAMANCA , SANTIAGO , SEGOVIA , ARANJUEZ , MADRID , MANZANARES EL REAL

Comment

Those are some nice fonts.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Samarkanda
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Question for Photoshop Hackers

Originally posted by monkspider
                      Something that I frequently see done at this site is change the letters in a word while still retaining the same style and font. For example, a while back Ixnay created an Apolyton logo that had the same style as "Yahoo!". Can any give me general directions on how to do this?
                      First of all, you need the typefaces. Experience helps you to tell what typefaces have been used. Now, there are a lot of cheap or even free ones that are pretty good approximations of expensive brand name typefaces from Adobe, Bitstream, and such companies.

Secondly, you'd just make the text in that font (a font is a typeface with a particular size and attributes) and use that in your image.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                      X