Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization II Gold - free with magazine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah someone wrote in to PC gamer a while back asking why they didn't give away 'classic' games and they said it was because of some copyright thing.

but yeah PC gamer is a great mag and they do love what they are doing, their DVD edition is great value for money, as well as offering more demos, you get lots of mods and add ons for popular games and a large patch library.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Plus they don't care about ridiculing themselves in making fun and their articles are very witty.
      (no I don't have a check waiting for me).

It's just a mag which you enjoy reading from start to finish. At least that's what it was 2 years ago then I stopped buying it.

For the most part Greek mags are written in a huge hurry and it shows. Apart for some real legends in the field of PC games reviews they are sloppy and boring.

BTW I once bought an american magazine about games and was bored to death! Totally "blank" writing.

Cockney do you remember in PC Gamer when they dressed in suits to arrange the best game of the PC Gamer reaeders and then started doing all kinds of stunts with the suits in front of the photo camera?

The mag is full of these things and a very funny way of writing.
      Truely worth every last, err, that would be penny. The guys love what they do and do it with real talent.

Comment

I wish they did this in US.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

In that american magazine they gave me the impression they didn't want to offend anybody. They were very comme il faut.

Too "serious". Games are fun, the mag should be in that spirit .

And of course most Greek mags it's like they take a looong breath write the whole article then exhale. Very fast and thus sloppy writing.

The Brit PC Gamer has quite a structure. It's not just talk talk talk whatever, like most greek onces. And they seem to have played the games a bit before writing...

Comment

no, can't say i caught that issue, i only buy it on and off, but i know the sort of thing you mean. the features are always well written and entertaining, as well as being informative.

can't say i've ever read a greek or american computer mag, so i can't really comment on that
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Speaking of PC Gamer, and in times like this, get a load of this:

Once there was this game, don't remember which one that dealed with some shooting in Iraq.

The guys at the mag noticed that the player didn't suffer any penalty when shooting Iraqi civilians while he did if he shot western civilians.

They had a special column for such oddities in the mag and they even freakin' contacted besides the manufacturers of the game even the Iraqi embassy

And got all sides to the story in a nice written way.

When you love what you do you go to this sort of trouble. And it was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                That's funny - mine came free with an internet connection.

Comment

PC Gamer put the full version of Duke Nukem 3D on a CD once.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                    lucky bugger. magazines can't give away free commerical games on their disks here because of some copyright bollocks
                    it isn't a copyright problem, the reason full games aren't put on covers in the UK is that the gaming industry thinks doing so will discourage people from buying new games.

Comment

well like i said, i'm only quoting the responce given by PCG to a letter on this subject, it's not like i've done a massive ammount of research into it.

Comment

Computer Games Magazine, last year gave away Civ 1 window version on disk 131

Comment

Working...
                        X