Censorship by death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship by death

With the news that the Saddam regime paid al Jazeera, killed CNN staffers, threatened CNN and other media, threatened any who cooperated with Blix with death or worse, threatened to kill the King of Jordan and others who cooperated against the regime, should we also not at least assume that he did the same with anyone who dealt with the regime?

Censorship by death and intimidation. I wonder of other news outlets will reveal the level of intimidation they were subjected to. I wonder if Blix and his team were bribed and/or intimidated.

If Saddam did this, I think similar intimidation/censorship happens in other Arab totalitarian states, such as Syria. What do you think? Are we getting the full, complete and accurate story about Syria and other Arab states even from Western media?

Here is just one link on this topic:

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Ned, as you well know, the ONLY media on the planet that has any sort of bias is the US media. This is obviously propaganda....never happened!

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Absolutely, is my belief, Ned.

Syria is another problem child, looking to get spanked.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bah! Just more American Propoganda.

We all know Saddam spent his time making sure that the baby milk factories were working efficiently.

Just like the Saudis are helping us in the war on terror!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

In further news, the sky is blue.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            In further news, the sky is blue.
            What does this mean Che? That you're not in favor of a Free Press, or that you knew all along that we were being fed propaganda by every news outlet covering Iraq -- even our own?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You act like censorship in Iraq is news. Everyone new that. The media itself said as much every snigle time they reported from Ba'athist Iraq.

I'm more concerned with the self-censorship of America's media.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh well, this was a pointless thread.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  I'm more concerned with the self-censorship of America's media.
                  Good, because that is the news here. CNN has admitted to censoring its reports because of intimidation by Iraq. Can we not assume that ALL media operating in Iraq were similarly censored.

Cannot we not go one step further and assume that the UN inspectors were intimidated as well to avoid looking where they should and to tip the Iraqi's off to their plans so that sites could be cleaned up.

I will never understand why Blix never insisted that scientists and their entire families be removed from Iraq and be protected before they were interviewed. Blix had to be under intimidation or the influence of bribery.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                    Oh well, this was a pointless thread.
                    Sure -- you knew all along that all news out the Arabia was censored even by Western media?

Comment

I will never understand why Blix never insisted that scientists and their entire families be removed from Iraq and be protected before they were interviewed.
                      Because it's kidnapping?

Comment

With all fairness you're really jumping to conclutions here. There's quite a difference between threatening to kill a couple of journalists without permits that's in the region illegally and to kill of a number of weapons inspectors. Not that it's not quite possible they did try the same methods but this is hardly good enough a indication for that.

Comment

For those of you who do not live in the United States, you should understand that CNN's confession is the major story of the day. The US press has long prided itself on being free and willing to tell the truth even despite government intimidation. Many of us believe that a free press is essential to freedom itself.

So, when we find that our own press has be censoring the news it gives us due to Arab intimidation, we are SHOCKED!

Comment

Are you trying to tell us that CNN is biased towards Iraq?
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

Because it's kidnapping?
                              Insisting and kidnapping are two different things. If he insisted and Saddam did not comply - that may have been enough for the UN Security Council. But, he did not insist.

Comment

Working...
                              X