Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging my head in shame...Computer Help Needed

:sigh:

I can design a website, I can make graphic art, I can troubleshoot, build you a database, and even do basic programming...

...but I can't figure out something in PowerPoint. Not even something difficult, I'm sure.

I don't often use powerpoint...ok...I never use powerpoint...I hate it and I think it's cheap, but I have to use it for something...and I can't figure out how to get it so that you click and the slide doesn't change, but another part of the slide which was hidden becomes viewable. However, this isn't always text. Sometimes it's more than just text (images or lines and junk)

For example...the full slide would look like this...

TITLE
    A: Blah blah blah
    B: blah blah blah blah
    C: blah

But I want it to go...

TITLE

:click:

TITLE

TITLE

TITLE
    C: blah

--next slide--

This is very simplified, of course, as i'm not just working with bulleted points...and the stuff will be all over the page (not in a nice neat order as described above) but you get the idea (I hope)

Please help!!

Thanks
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Goto: Slide Show- Custom Animation

Select the text you want to enter that way in the "check to animate slide objects"

then, under "order and timing" check "on mouse click"

then, click OK
    Monkey!!!

Comment

anyway I can get it to appear without animation?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

nm, I got it. Japher you are my new God.

Comment

and i can't even write a web page
          Monkey!!!

Comment

anyway to make "appear" the default so I don't have to change each one from "fly" to "Appear"? Waste of my ****ing time...

Comment

don't know how to adjust defaults...
              Monkey!!!

Comment

it's cool, you've been a big enough help just with that one post Thanks again...for some reason I couldn't find any info about it in the help files.

Comment

Beware though, if there is a possbility that you will be forced to do the presentation on a computer with a different version of powerpoint (or worse, on a mac), get rid of all animations as soon as ossible. For some reason, animations doesn;t seem to be read in the same way by different versions... If that is the case, the best way to fake an animation is to take the complete slide and make a copy. On the first copy, delete the stuff you want appearing in the second.

On any reasonably fast comuter no one can detect the slide transition, so it simply looks like the extra information appears on the first slide.
                  Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

i was getting desparate, so I was going to do that Gnu. But it should be fine as is. I haven't had a problem yet.

Can anyone tell me how to get it so that clicking a slide WON'T advance to the next slide, only clicking the appropriate button/link on the slide will get it to move?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGnu
                      Beware though, if there is a possbility that you will be forced to do the presentation on a computer with a different version of powerpoint (or worse, on a mac), get rid of all animations as soon as ossible. For some reason, animations doesn;t seem to be read in the same way by different versions... I
                      Powerpoint X seems to work fine with all the Windows generated stuff I've tried. The only problem would be the quicktime transitions - but these are so naff people shouldn't use them.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to get it so that clicking a slide WON'T advance to the next slide, only clicking the appropriate button/link on the slide will get it to move?
                        that would be kewl... I have no idea how to do that. However, if you turn off slide transitions you can click your mouse all you want and nothing happens. In order to advance the slide you need to hit the "N" key or space bar to get the next thing to happen. Not sure if that helps...
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

You set an action for the text or graphic, and define the action as "advance to next slide."
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                          X