No announcement yet.

Did the UN fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoever started at whispering and moved to screaming thinking it would help is the bigger idiot than the person who is being belligerent.

Comment

• Originally posted by yavoon
      chegi off topic, but ever since u claim that bush didnt win the presidential election I haven't taken u very seriously. sometimes toning it down gets ppl to listen to u more.

sorta random but meh
      I've been claiming it for almost two years. Don't act like this is something new. In any event, given the fact that 91,000 people were illegally removed from the roles in Florida, most of whom were Democratic voters, it doesn't take a leap of faith to realize that Bush wasn't elected.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

whoever started at whispering and moved to screaming thinking it would help is the bigger idiot than the person who is being belligerent.
        but only after screaming can you recognize the mule
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• yes well obviously I dont agree and think u r being misleading verging on propagandic lying

but I was just making a comment, and its only cuz u've been bringin it up lately. obviously the election was a long time ago

Comment

• ok zen u officially lose "only after screaming can u recognize the mule"

thats not very good at all=[

=P

Comment

• You're forgetting the Polish Commandos who siezed several Iraqi oil platforms and I beleive botht the Danes and the Japanese contributed medical personnel; I also remember hearing the Spanish had forces in Kuwait 7 Qatar plus numerous coalition countries contributed navel vessals.

Sure that still means the bulk was carried by the U.S., U.K., and Australia but these was a remarkably wide spread allaince (not the most but still above average) and a very successful one. I'm thinking that some of you die hard America bashers are just to wrapped up in your bais to be able to give kudos for a job well done.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Now Chi, you know very well there were some complex and mysterious geopolitical reasons behind that event. Couldn't possibly be anything as simple as an insatiable desire for power.....

As to the rest, GePap, you asked me earlier if I thought that Marx was "right." No, he was not. On the other hand, there are professionals by the thousand here in America, and all across the globe that make a living out of collecting facts about groups of people, and using those facts to extrapolate the probable actions of FUTURE people in that same category. The most high profile of these professionals are those who profile serial killers, and their work has resulted in an extremely high "catch rate" of these folk.

Why is that? Could it be that they're onto something? That identifying common patterns of behavior *does* have predictive value.

Of course. That should be blatantly obvious, even to you. If it's not....well, back to dreamland I s'pose.....

Invasion: Obviously during the invasion inself, there cannot be any sort of minimized military presence. I didn't specifically say that, because I thought it was probably rather self evident. Apparently not.

But the purpose behind it was after the invasion, we could dramatically reduce our military presence. Further, you have just outlined a fatal flaw in your lovely containment theory.

Yes....it was working. And we had NO idea how long we'd have to keep it up, did we? Maybe his son, and their sons, and their grandsons, and THEIR grandsons would all have made it to power. Given the father's stance toward the US, it is unlikely that his sons would have a radically altered opinion, since the family has been a part of daddy's inner circle since they've been able to hook up cables to a car battery to assist with a torture or three. I think it's a safe bet to say that he's made quite sure his political view "run in the family" as it were.

But....as I say....since this is obviously a deep, baffling mystery to you....so be it. Just don't be alarmed when there are those of us who aren't so confused.....

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

yes well obviously I dont agree and think u r being misleading verging on propagandic lying

This story, and variants of it have run in Harpers, the Independent, the Guardian, Salon and elsewhere. It was the basis of an NAACP lawsuit against the state of Florida. Last summer, Florida settled out of court and agreed to reinstate the 91,000.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• ur smoking crack if u think I"m jumping into this w/ u now. like I sed, was just a random comment. I was not inviting u to argue. nor did I want to.

Comment

• I couldn't let a comment that I was lying or being misleading go.

Comment

• I never said in my original post that u were lying, just that being radical^3 can cause ppl to turn u off. and sometimes toning it down will get u a lot more results.

Comment

I never said in my original post that u were lying, just that being radical^3 can cause ppl to turn u off. and sometimes toning it down will get u a lot more results.
                          You wrote it in your subsequent post, and I quoted it.

Comment

• hehe yes but by then I was just replying to u! u had already started see.

ha!

Comment

ok zen u officially lose "only after screaming can u recognize the mule"

thats not very good at all=[

=P
                              for the record, I wasn't the one shouting

and people would also take YOU more seriously if you bothered to write words as they are meant to be written.
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                                Now Chi, you know very well there were some complex and mysterious geopolitical reasons behind that event. Couldn't possibly be anything as simple as an insatiable desire for power.....

As to the rest, GePap, you asked me earlier if I thought that Marx was "right." No, he was not. On the other hand, there are professionals by the thousand here in America, and all across the globe that make a living out of collecting facts about groups of people, and using those facts to extrapolate the probable actions of FUTURE people in that same category. The most high profile of these professionals are those who profile serial killers, and their work has resulted in an extremely high "catch rate" of these folk.

Why is that? Could it be that they're onto something? That identifying common patterns of behavior *does* have predictive value.

Of course. That should be blatantly obvious, even to you. If it's not....well, back to dreamland I s'pose.....

Invasion: Obviously during the invasion inself, there cannot be any sort of minimized military presence. I didn't specifically say that, because I thought it was probably rather self evident. Apparently not.

But the purpose behind it was after the invasion, we could dramatically reduce our military presence. Further, you have just outlined a fatal flaw in your lovely containment theory.

Yes....it was working. And we had NO idea how long we'd have to keep it up, did we? Maybe his son, and their sons, and their grandsons, and THEIR grandsons would all have made it to power. Given the father's stance toward the US, it is unlikely that his sons would have a radically altered opinion, since the family has been a part of daddy's inner circle since they've been able to hook up cables to a car battery to assist with a torture or three. I think it's a safe bet to say that he's made quite sure his political view "run in the family" as it were.

But....as I say....since this is obviously a deep, baffling mystery to you....so be it. Just don't be alarmed when there are those of us who aren't so confused.....

-=Vel=-
                                At first, i was going to reply point by point, but you know what..lets agree to disagree. I keep saying one thing, and you keep saying another. Whatever.

Che and yavoon... discussing whether shrub was elected or installed by a judiciary coup de etat is not for this thread. Thank you.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X