X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orange
    you only live once.
    Exactly.

I think his GF would be much happier knowing hes safe than that he came to her funeral and got SARS.

Don't go. Maybe you can help him have his own funeral here at home?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

gotta die sometime...

why live life being afraid of every little risk? Would make for a pretty boring life, wouldn't you say?

I think the memory of being able to see her one last time before she is laid to rest would outweigh any potential risks. Then again, I'm a pretty sentimental person.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Well I suggested to him last night that he shouldn't go and he said that if he didn't, he would hate himself, and me, every time he thought about this.

I suppose the question is no longer in my hands. He's gotten everything ready, including a box of rubber disposable gloves, two boxes of disposable face masks, and a bottle of peroxide for sanitization purposes.

I hope he makes it okay.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

He should take the chance. That is really all he can do.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

SARS wouldnt affect my decisions but academics might. If I cant get some kind of excuse fromt he university (get an incomplete and finsih the semester later or work out somethign like that) I wouldnt go. I'd be willing to visit the grave many times, but I wouldnt want to mess other things in my life around while I know that I loved the person.

I guess I'm just not setimental like orange is.
            :-p

Comment

He should go. He might get struck by lightning if he stays. People should not be ruled by fear. There will only be one funeral for the young lady. Pay her and the kind people of Thailand your respects by encouraging him to go with your blesssings.

Comment

Go to Bangkok. The chance of getting SARS is just about nil. Besides, it is important to be there.
                For your photo needs:
                http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                  I think his GF would be much happier knowing hes safe than that he came to her funeral and got SARS.
                  When you go down the street next time, you might be hit by a car. Does that mean you sit in your house all day?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The University has told him that it will be lenient with his grades if they are affected by his trip. He's able to stay the summer anyway, so he can make them up then.

Well, if nothing else, this thread has made me feel better about his going. He's only going to be there for three days.

The Consulate also told him that it's unlikely he'll be quarantined anyway.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                    X