Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"They threaten us, saying 'we are with the Americans, you can do nothing to us.'"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victor Galis
    You do realize Kurdish forces have been looting in the North for days, but no American media has reported it, right?
    i knew that

and i wouldn't doubt this is them, especially if they say they are with the Americans.

an american would say "I'M AMERICAN, YOU PIG-****ER!!!" and shoot several of them.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

While I'm often bent to pessimism, I think it is too soon to enter a whine-fest.
      These cities have no access to fresh water, grave food shortages, and power vacuum. It is normal for the first few days after a battle. Such a situation exacerbates egoism and simple struggle for survival ; organized thugs aren't always factions belonging to a warlord. This could become really ugly if water and food don't come back quickly, as well as some policing from the USUK troops.

There will be many problems in the political reconstruction of Iraq, because self-centered factions will appear, and resentment against those percieved as Saddam-profiteers will rise. However, we do not witness a political trend of warlordism right now. Simply a climate of violence in a context of shortages.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Seeing as how there are weapons freely available in Iraq, and Saddam maintained and nurtured a tribal social structure, I'd say that there is a good chance of warlordism developing.

Comment

Every exiled Iraqi government organization and opposition group that I've heard of is comprised of self-serving opprotunists that are no better than Saddam. Chalabi is a perfect example. The man the US wants as the interim puppet is wanted in Jordan for bank fraud.

Anarchy is liberation, apparantly.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey c'mon, where are the flamers to make this thread fun? Its no fun agreeing with everybody.

Comment

Almost no right-winger has come here, so we have a boring CGN-like thread.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
              X