Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo and Iraq

I just noticed this the other day:

Saddam Hussein looks EXACTLY like Super Mario! Just look at a picture of him sometime, mentally replace the beret with a little red hat, and instantly and involuntarily you will hear a familiar tune: "Doot, Doot-doot, dootdootdootdoot, dootdootdootdootdootdoot, doot, dootdootdoot!"
    Why? They both run from castle to castle via underground pipes, spend all their time dodging attacks, and stomp on things that get in their way, but the similarity ends there. Is it just a wierd coincidence? Should we be deploying spiky fire-breathing turtles to the Middle East? Anybody else have any idea?

I really wish I hadn't figured it out now, because every time I see his picture on the news, with a grim voice in the background talking about tortured POWs or something, I'll feel an insane urge to giggle like a schoolgirl. And now you know it too. Ha.

Oog.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Damn you...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Attached Files
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

No! Mario is Communist!

But...Mario = Saddam = Stalin?
        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Sorry Saddam, but the weapons of mass destruction are in another palace.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Nah, Mario is Stalin.. just look at one of our poly member's avatar (i think his name is Osweld?)
            :-p

Comment

It's a me, Mario!
              Attached Files

Comment

It's funny because it's true!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Though there is evidence it was Mario behind 9/11...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Super Mario is just one of his doubles....
                    Blah

Comment

No, Saddam is one of Mario's doubles. So was Stalin.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

never really though about it...

BTW, Does Chemical Ali look like Luigi???
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Oh my God.. big picture is clearing up.. take of the moustache.. and you get that information minister guy in Iraq! Just look at Osweld's avatar.

Is Mario the source of all evil? Is Mario Satan? Or is Nintendo behind this all?
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good to know I'm not alone. That's a great image, SU. Where on earth did you get it?
                              On another note, it has also come to my attention that Dubya looks very simian and relentlessly chucks large objects at Saddam. Let us all pray that Iraq does not have The Hammer...
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X