Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correcting racial disparities in convictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send out a few police vans to hunt for white people and throw them all into jail. They are all guilty of something anyways.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
      Well Speer, you can do something to fix this problem right now. You said youdownload CDs and sell them, confess that , and that will be one more step towards an equal conviction rate.
      Is speer white?
      :-p

Comment

Something likw 20 % of young black men have been in prison. Many of them then lose their voting rights, thus dsifranchising the balck community.

It is a fact that blacks do get longer sentences for the same crimes as white, and this is specially true of the death penalty.

Low income leads to higher rates of crime and since minorities are oorer, viola, there's your answer. It becomes a vicious cycle: young black men can;t find work, commit crimes, go to priosn, lose the abiloty to vite or get a job anyway..commit more crime.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Get white people to commit more crimes.

Seriously, the drug war targets inner cities much more than white suburbia - hence more blacks in jail. But the fact remains, blacks commit a higher precentage of real crime so any disparity in conviction rates will reflect that reality. I was watching "Tough Crowd" on the Comedy Channel with Colin Quinn (several comedians sitting around BS'ing) and a black female comedian said blacks don't like being followed around in stores and the Italian comedian next to her said, "stop stealing".
          If even the "Rev" Jesse Jackson says he's more concerned for his safety when followed on a street by blacks than whites, then the message is pretty clear...

Comment

Working...
          X