Graffiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graffiti

What are some of the best examples of graffiti you've seen?

On the way back from Aber to Manchester, I saw in huge letters on a motorway bridge "Let's go to war, kill em all" - just made me laugh about how much anti-war morons it would have annoyed.

Last year in a toilet cubicle I wrote on the wall "taxes are theft". Within a month or so, all the walls were covered in a mass discussion about this - I was well impressed.

www.my-piano.blogspot

Made in the USA.
    Attached Files
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Seen in the suburbs of Baghdad.
      Attached Files
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Delia? As in Delia Smith?
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Hmmmm would have to be the Wesleyan tunnels, especially the serial stories of El Wes's quest for "truth, justice and cheap drugs."
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The only notable graffiti I have ever seen was on the walls of Graceland in Memphis.

"After three days he rose again... And did more drugs."
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

During the elections for President in the Students' Union in Aber, some guy posted pictures of himself. He looked well gay. I thought nothing of it until when walking back out of it, I saw his poster on which people had scrawled "shift-lifter", "arse bandit".

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'm a big fan of French graffiti. Visual representation of the French language always looks appealing to me, especially with it's a Francophonised Anglo term.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Made in the USA.
                    That graph art is copying the work of Vaughn Bode.

Many artists have copied his ideas.
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Will Quince for President!
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

on a wall in Berlin:

"God is dead. - Nietzsche"
                        "Nietzsche is dead. - God"

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Best Graffiti I've Ever Seen

There is a very large Mormon Temple next to the busy Washington Beltway. On the bridge this photograph was taken from, ... well, I'll let somebody else who has also seen this tell the story.

Mulder, have you ever driven on the beltway from Rockville? You know how you can see, off to the right, the Mormon temple, rising up out of the trees like the Emerald City? I think it looks like the Emerald City. Apparently someone else did, too, because when you drive by, you can see the temple and right in front of you, on that train bridge over the beltway, someone clearly spray-painted Surrender Dorothy. Sure, the transportation department came along and painted over it with industrial gray paint, but you can still clearly see every letter. Makes me laugh every time.
                          Attached Files
                          Old posters never die.
                          They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Working...
                          X