This is a pain unlike any other...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a pain unlike any other...

So I gave myself a haircut two days ago (my hair was getting to the length where I had to start combing it a bit, so I just took my clippers and gave myself another crewcut), but unfortunately my clippers had a piece break off awhile back and now only cut on one setting: Ultra-Short. Not a big deal (or so I thought), since that just means that it'll be all the longer before I need to give myself another haircut.

Well, I spent most of yesterday outside reading and jogging and sleeping etc., and got quite a bit of sun. Now, my complexion's kinda dark, so I usually tan (rather than burn), but my scalp (being shielded by hair most of the time) hasn't been spending the past 20-odd years building up a tolerance to the sun. So, my scalp is now dark cherry red, and pieces of it keep peeling off. This is most unfortunate.

Methinks that those clippers are going in the garbage.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Interesting anecdote...might I suggest shampoo with Aloe Vera?
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

and a hat
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Next time wear a hat.
        Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

Ouch! Yes...A hat I think.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, I'm debating over whether I should get a hat, or some new clippers. I'm worried that I'll forget to wear the hat the next time I cut my hair, since I never wear hats. I dunno if I want to take that risk.

Comment

And I was thinking that you're talking about your woman problem.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

PMS?

Comment

Might I suggest a barber?

Comment

[Zkribbler thinks about calling loinburger a sorehead, but decides that would be insensative. ]

Comment

You have my thought's, perhaps you should write to the maker of you're clippers
                      Up The Millers

Comment

!

Originally posted by Rothy
                        You have my thought's, perhaps you should write to the maker of you're clippers
                        Yes! then just like irons, which need instructions like "don't use on clothes you are wearing at the time", we can have instructions for clippers like

"don't use on your head when the result will be extremely short hair on a very sunny day when the burn factor is high."

Comment

Re: !

Originally posted by Demerzel

Yes! then just like irons, which need instructions like "don't use on clothes you are wearing at the time", we can have instructions for clippers like

"don't use on your head when the result will be extremely short hair on a very sunny day when the burn factor is high."
                          Anybody remember the McDonald's lawsuit for the lady spilling coffe in her lap?

Loinburger: You could be looking at Millions!
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Sadly, the clippers are about fifteen years old (which is probably why the "thinginabobber that lets you adjust the clipper settings" part broke off), and I'd be surprised if there were still a company around to sue.

I could always try suing the power company, for not warning me that it was possible to get my scalp sunburned by using electricity that they furnished in order to power an old pair of hair clippers... Those bastards! I blame them!

Comment

PLATO, loads of ppl suid them, the coffee's when just brewed were virtually boiling and when spilt were indeed quite deadly - i never heard of the outcome tho??
                              Up The Millers

Comment

Working...
                              X