Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

I didn't get to sleep until 08:30 am last nite/this morning, despite having lied in since 11:30pm the previous evening.

I put it down to thinking about an essay I needed to complete today, but even nine hours seems excessive. When I did get sleep, I'd dream a different dream every five minutes or so.

Ever suffer insomnia?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Absolutely, mostly as side-effects to medication though.

Having awful bouts of it this week, too.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I suffered from "insomnia" when I visisted relatives for a week. They have four boys - 2, 8, 10, and 15 years old. And I was bunked with my grandfather who snores like a hog.

I'm still a bit tired from that.

EDIT: It actually did bring on genuine insomnia, towards the end of the trip I don't think I had slept more then 6 hours in the past two days and I was dead tired, but could barely bring myself to sleep even when it was quiet.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's not real insomnia until you hit the third day.

I really hate that.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

never suffer from insomnia but i did suffer for some months froma "displacement of sleep pattersn", should be the closest to explain it.

meaing I was getting my uninteropted 8 hours beauty sleep but in odd hours.

Comment

i've suffered from it once in a while, but not often.

i don't get that much sleep anyway, in all honesty, but when i lay down, i can conk out after a while.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

All the time, bud....all the time.

My girlfriend tells me it is no doubt because of all the unwritten books running 'round in my head...LOL!

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yes Vel, there's too much goin' in that mind of yours, 1 book to write , another game to program... I dont think i'd be able to sleep either!

Good luck with it all anyway
                Up The Millers

Comment

I used to suffer from insomnia, but i found a cure. I call it anti-insomnia cereal. Instead of cheerios or oat bran, you use sleeping pills, and instead of milk, you use NyQuil.

I've only had one bowl of it myself. I woke up some time later in a Mexican motel with no pants and a beard i didnt remember having.
                  Shouldn't you be dead or something?

Comment

I used to suffer insomnia. It was linked to my depression. Since I'm getting treatment for it, sleepless nights are no more.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                      I used to suffer insomnia. It was linked to my depression. Since I'm getting treatment for it, sleepless nights are no more.
                      That's funny, I always sleep best when I'm depressed.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Thank ya, Rothy!

-=Vel=-
                        (who is, by the way, bleary-eyed this morning, on account of....insomnia!)
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Re: Insomnia

Originally posted by Boddington's
                          I didn't get to sleep until 08:30 am last nite/this morning, despite having lied in since 11:30pm the previous evening.

I put it down to thinking about an essay I needed to complete today, but even nine hours seems excessive. When I did get sleep, I'd dream a different dream every five minutes or so.

Ever suffer insomnia?
                          All the time. Usually my insomnia is accompanied by a headache and, oddly, a song. As a matter of fact, if I go to bed with a song in my head, I KNOW I'm not going to sleep anytime soon, so I just give up before I start.

For example, just this past weekend I didn't get to sleep at ALL on Friday night. Got so sick and tired of trying to sleep (yes, I had a headache and the song of the moment was the O'Jays "BackStabbers") that I gave it up and worked on my #1 headache cure - lots of aspirin, caffiene, and a powerwalk through the mall (actually, WalMart suffices at 4:00am).

Comment

I usually suffer insomnia if for the last couple of weeks I haven't worked out or done something active and I have a lot of stress. Of course this usually happens when I have a lot of work and don't have time to work out.
                            When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
                            ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Re: Insomnia

Originally posted by Boddington's

Ever suffer insomnia?
                              Stop using speed and smoke a joint, you'll be fast asleep!
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X