CNN's orgy of self love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN's orgy of self love

Is anybody else troubled by the fact that CNN has been far more preoccupied with the experiences of their reporters than the experiences of the people fighting the war? Or the people of Iraq? Or, well, pretty much anything? It was one thing for the anchor to go on and on the first time they showed a live firefight (Sunday night, was it?) while Wes Clark was sitting next to him doing the play-by-play, but it's getting out of hand now. Bragging about the Hummer they ride around in? This is getting severe, even for CNN...

I will admit though, the more I see him, the more I like Wes Clark. I'm just curious, does anybody know what his rep was before he retired?
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Yeah the whole reporters thing is annoying as hell.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MSNBC is kicking CNN's ass.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wes Clark is the reason I watch CNN.

That man has my complete respect.

I'm seriously considering buying his book he wrote a couple years ago about modern warfare, and I don't usually read.

I'd assume his rep was pretty good, he was the NATO Supreme Commander and did the Kosovo thing.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Wes Clark is the reason I watch CNN.

That man has my complete respect.

I'm seriously considering buying his book he wrote a couple years ago about modern warfare, and I don't usually read.
          Except for "interesting manuals."
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
            Except for "interesting manuals."
            I don't read manuals, actually.

I read "interesting technical books". Manuals are boring, it's more fun to play with things and figure it out on your own.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Don't say it Sloww, don't say it.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

Say it 25 times in a row without messing up, I dare you Sloww.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'd assume his rep was pretty good, he was the NATO Supreme Commander and did the Kosovo thing.
                  Yeah, but from what I understand (coming from a military family but never having served myself) there are generals and then there are generals...some of them near the top of the food chain got there because of politics, some because of ability, and some both...
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I don't read manuals, actually.

I read "interesting technical books". Manuals are boring, it's more fun to play with things and figure it out on your own.
                    Fine. "interesting technical books". It still sounds incredibly dorky.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

Say it 25 times in a row without messing up, I dare you Sloww.

You type it, I'll say it. Done deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                        Fine. "interesting technical books". It still sounds incredibly dorky.
                        You read your Tom Clancy, I'll read my Bjarne Stroustrup.

Comment

Anything more on those rumors that Wes Clark might run for the Democratic nomination for President in 2004?
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Clark had his british subordinate disobet him when he ordered Britsh troops to stop the Russians getting Pristina airport. Gen Rose(IIRC) thought a war withe Russains wasn't in the allies best interests
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              Anything more on those rumors that Wes Clark might run for the Democratic nomination for President in 2004?
                              I haven't heard anything recently. He was on Meet the Press (or some such show) a couple of months ago and impressed the heck out of me with his grasp of diplomacy, international relations and the limits of the use of military power.

He did not discuss any of his proposed domestic policies, if any.

But...a President named Wesley?? It just ain't right.

Comment

Working...
                              X