Saddam dead! Iraq surrenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam dead! Iraq surrenders!

Alright the thread title is an April Fools joke but I'd like to discuss different April Fools gags you have done, seen done, or had done to you. So let's hear them folks. What was the most creative, cruel, sneaky, underhanded, or well deserved prank you've seen or heard of?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Not this.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Comment

This is the most cruel prank I ever heard of.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

If you excuse me, I'll go and mastrubate over a picture of a disemboweled hippopotamus, now.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Where do I start? Which one to tell?? Ummmm, let's go for a short one...or ones..

-Stick a couple a kleenex in my sister's sandwich
            -Tie up my principals car to a manhole
            -Ordered pizza and chicken from about 40 different restaurants to my neighbors house (That was funny seeing all the delivery guys crossing eachother in the parking...also not knowing where to park... )
            -Putting vaseline on my secretaries phone receptical (she didn't find that very funny...)
            -Moving my moms car from the street and telling her it was towed
            and I could go on and on....

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Come on fellas it wasn't that bad of a joke was it?

Spectator: I like the idea of tieing a car to something heavy. It sort of reminds me of that scene in American Graffiti where they chain the cop car's axel to a tree and then go speeding by it waving their half full beer bottles.

The pizza gag is one my friends and I did when we were in junior high. We called up several pizza places and ordered like 10 pizzas to be delivered to a person whom we didn't like. It wasn't the most mature thing in the world but we thought it was funny to watch pizza guys all converge on the house at one time.

Comment

-Stick a couple a kleenex in my sister's sandwich
                -Tie up my principals car to a manhole
                I first read this as "Stick a couple of kleenex in my manhole". But that's not an April Fool's Day joke, that's an event in daily life.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I've got a huge, elaborate prank planned for on another forum. I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

Comment

Care to let us in on the prank a little early? I'm sure it is better then Solvers mistery joke.

Comment

OK. You all know my girlfriend came up here last week. That much is true. Last night she had this great idea, and I provided the execution of it. We decided to fool everybody on the forum we met on into thinking that we eloped while she was up here.

So far everyone's fallen for it.

Comment

They fell for THAT???
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

I've been pulling a series of prank phone calls on my firm's executive assistant, Donna. The first was a few months ago. I called her from an outside line, asking to speak to the president of our firm, pretending to be a perspective Japanese client with a thick accent (Mr. Goto). Donna gave the usual line that the president was out, but she could put me through to our SVP/Managing Director, who is a woman. Mr. Goto huffed and asked if there was someone else. When Donna asked why, Mr. Goto explained that he didn't want to talk to a woman, just a man. Donna (being quite the liberated type) didn't even know what to say, she was so stunned. Mr. Goto then went on to explain that women should be serving tea, not managing. I could actually hear Donna's blood pressure rising. She stammered something incomprehensible into the phone before I busted out laughing and clued her in on the prank.

A few weeks ago, I got her again. She had been having persistent problems with the cafe downstairs in our building, where she orders lunch for the president almost every day. They always screw up the order, and she has to go back and forth with them a lot to get things fixed (mostly due to a lack of English comprehension). One morning she had a particularly heated discussion with whomever was taking the order there over a bottle of water, of all things. So later that day I called, pretending to be Raoul, the manager of the cafe. Raoul asked her about the difficulties earlier in the day, because his sales girl was visibly upset by it. Donna was stunned the girl was upset (it wasn't that rancorous an exchange), and tried to present the story as nicely as possible. Raoul didn't buy it, said that Donna had become too much of a problem and now the cafe would refuse to deliver to the company any more. Since the president is persnickity about getting the same lunch every day from this cafe, Donna was naturally going apoplectic. After she once again devolved into stammering babble, I let her in on the prank again. She was soooooo mad (but not seriously so).

So yesterday, Donna reminded me today was April Fool's Day, and she claimed she was going to be on guard for any pranks. I played it up, too, like I was gonna do something, so she'd be expecting me to it.

Sure enough, this afternoon Donna got a call from Paneesh, a man with a very thick Indian accent, who was looking to speak to the president urgently about a job. Paneesh was very persistent, despite Donna's stating he wasn't available. Well, Paneesh kept using some outrageously silly expressions (By all that Vishnu holds dear, I must speak with him now!), and Donna got wise. So she started getting snotty with poor Paneesh, saying sarcastic things and making fun of his accent.

At this point, I walked past Donna's desk and waved, mouthing "hello" to her.

I could hear the gasp behind me and listened with great joy in my heart as Donna became profusely apologetic to Paneesh, who obviously must have been real, since I was standing right there.

Well, at that point, my friend Reggie, who was impersonating Paneesh at my behest on the phone, realized the prank had gone of as planned and began laughing, at which point Donna looked up at me with absolute daggers in her eyes. Reggie explained he was my friend, and I began laughing so hysterically it hurt. Donna began tossing paper clips at me furiously, knowing she'd been had again.

Ahhh, the fun I have. Sure, I'll get my comeuppance one day...but until then, I laugh!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Today there was an article in my local newspaper, claiming that the loud low-frequency sounds from the subwoofer in your home cinema could cause cracks to your house.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94

They fell for THAT???
                              Yes, they did. We figured a couple people would fall for it and most people would figure it out, but that hasn't been the case so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X