Human shields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human shields?

What do you think of Western people going to Iraq as human shields?

To be honest I´m angry about them. It is not because of their political leanings, or that they are to 100 percent anti-war (I have my doubts about that war as well) etc.

What makes me angry is that they bring themselves into a situation where they have probably no overview of what is getting on, where they certainly get politically abused by Iraq´s regime, and all that without any responsibility for their own lives. One can say "oh, they can do with their lives whatever they want" but to me it looks like pure stupidity.

They haven´t any chance to achieve anything else than publicity (if it is intendet or not), but they have a good chance to get killed or injured. I wished they would do something more useful with their lives...
    Blah

Ignorant. Now that some are back, they aren't ignorant.
    Live and learn.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There were still some who stayed to protect all that stuff that's been blowing up.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Cool. I hope their asses are blown sky-high.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

According to Iraqi media some did just get their asses blown sky high when a couple of buses got targeted.

Looks like they got their wish really.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Comment

Sloww, they have. In fact the weather report for Baghdad calls for a brisk west wind and moderate to heavy human shields...
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Well, today IS their day, after all.

Happy April Fool's Day, to all the Human Shields.

Comment

All the're helping the world with is.....making compost...

Let the stupid people die and let's get on with life. If you wanna change the world, change it from the inside, dont stand in the way of a bomb.
                  That's like hating the zoo and going in the lion cage to pet them....how stupid...

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Of course, it's also US troops fault that following Iraqi army personnel putting on civilian clothes and suicide bombing, a bus is fired on for refusing to pull over.

Comment

People got their priorities mixed up i guess. Anyway, pro or contra war, being a human shield in Iraq puts you on the side of Saddam, and he, being such a SOB, isn't a person i'd give my life for.

Comment

They are not on the side of Saddam, they are on the side of the Iraqi people. They are suffering the most in this war.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That is true. At least thats what they think.
                          Anyway, it is their president, who could (theoretically) have spared them from this terrible faith of being bombed to kingdom come by the US invaders. He could have left Iraq as Bush wanted to. We all know this wouldnt stop the yanks from invading, but thats another story.

Thats why I think they work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            They are not on the side of Saddam, they are on the side of the Iraqi people. They are suffering the most in this war.
                            And of course, they were blissful and happy and singing songs in praise of the great Saddam, without whose beneficient wisdom and leadership they are nothing, during the "peace."
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Kum Bah Yah. I can hear it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X