Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Cranky speaks the truth about war coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Cranky speaks the truth about war coverage!

Pretty spot-on, good thing I have links posted on 'poly and www.agonist.org to give me a good idea of what's going on without having to watch TV.
    Stop Quoting Ben

This pretty much sums it up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    AL-JAZEERA:
    It's so obviously the Jews. While the Bush administration swims in hypocrisy with virtually every statement it makes, are there any Arabs who recognize that if they just had a news service that countered this with anything approaching objectivity, somebody might take them seriously? After all, this is a television station that still insists all the Jews got out of the World Trade Center before the planes hit despite the fact that this rumor was proven to be your basic email hoax. If email is Al-Jazeera's source du jour, why haven't they reported on the ease with which any man can lengthen his penis two inches? They would surely rule the world within days! Here's the truth: Until the Arab world gets a mouthpiece that generates information that doesn't read like headlines out of the Weekly World News Paranoid Edition, nobody will take their concerns seriously.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"Like an Iraqi soldier dressed in civilian clothes, Fox News has crept in under the false cover of objectivity to unleash a blitzkrieg of bias so right wing that channel-surfers often mistake it for a eugenics infomercial. The only nod at an actual exchange of ideas is Hannity *****-slapping the hapless Colmes while slobbering permaguest Bill Bennett slowly undoes his belt buckle in anticipation of giving that liberal ****er his final comeuppance. It's enough the scare the teeth right out of Ann Coulter's vagina."

Best laugh I've had in days.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Only thing missing is an assessment of so-called "independent media" sources. Otherwise, pretty dead on.
        "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
        "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

I found the FOX characterization pretty good, along with CNN in regards to its team being booted out of Baghdad. That said, there really are good journalists out there, and they're not as rare as you think. I know them. I'm among their numbers — albeit only about five years into my career as a "professional."

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

"American news coverage has self-censored itself to the point of irrelevance."

Yup.
            “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

It's enough the scare the teeth right out of Ann Coulter's vagina.

That line is solid gold...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Not only is it solid gold, I have a very easy time imagining that it is literally true.

There are very few people I hate more than that shrill, inane, idiotic, reactionary *****.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Great

I learned a new word too: "Permaguest"

If email is Al-Jazeera's source du jour, why haven't they reported on the ease with which any man can lengthen his penis two inches?
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have to say, I found it impossible to find any source that is objective..

Usually most Brits fall back on the good old BBC, safe in the knowledge that they will report the war as it is. Instead, each day, I hear reports from Baghdad, which may as well have been written by Saddam himself.. sure, the BBC kindly informs us that the reporters words are monitored, and his movements controlled .. but that hardly guards against the fact that the script is actually altered .. there is a big difference between monitored, and altered.

I would feel happier if the BBC told us that some of his report has been dictated by the Iraqi Authorities .. as is so plainly the case.

This happened recently when a Sky News reporter was interupted by his minder .. you could clearly hear the reporter being told he will be sent home if he doesn't say there was innocent children and woman in the building just bombed (which happened to be one of Saddams palaces).

The thing which I find most embarresing about Fox, is the way its presented, as if its some reality TV show, with little animated planes and tanks wizzing around in the credits .. sad beyond belief.

Saying that, some of Foxes embedded journalists have been most ammusing .. I especially liked one report on hygene .. not sure if anybody else saw that (it was early morning here, so likely middle of the night for the US) .
                    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                    X