The boy got soul...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boy got soul...

Something that I recorded up on this computer with one of them headset mics. I didn't bother with no editing or nothing and this is just one take but I put it up anyway. I had put the lyrics up a while back and it surprisingly got some good responses (at least better than the usual responses to my ****) so I figured I mightaswell put up the mp3.

street serenade...

what you think? I know i need more emotion... any tips on how to be more emotional on the mic?

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

winamp just crashed on me.

Upload one of them to apolyton.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

what ever you do, dont add vibrato to your voice on nonsensical words...if theres one thing i can stand about modern music with words its the way that vocalists will vibrato their voice as if it adds emotion. its nonsense!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Is that YOU singing?
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Is that you? If you get one of them voice-building courses, it will be great.
          The singing part is somewhat lacking, the rap part is swell.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Over all, I found your singing and rapping voice to be far too nasally. Speak and sing from your belly, not your damn nose!
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

its me throughout... and yeah I'm not a good singer obviously but I wanted something for the chorus.

Mono:

I got allergies so thats probably why there's some nasalness.

any tips on how to come off with more emotion though? cause i got monotone on this ****.

but thanks for peeping
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I agree with Monolith, the nasalness is the biggest problem.

Togive more emotion : look at your text, and find the words that mean the most for you and for your song. Imagine how you should sing them to pinpoint them. Then reprint your text with these words in blod (well, that's just an opinion)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

not a bad idea Spiffor... but it's best to recite a song from memory not read off a paper... good idea though

Comment

actually the way they do it in hip production is they will actually record the words with emphasis twice. so after the main vocal track is done they will go back and record only the words with emphasis. and now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

the raps spot on, you ain't no singer thou.....;O)

Comment

how big is the file (on a 28.8k connection here)?
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

MRT:

yeah i heard of that... they also do something similiar so that it sounds like people are rapping or singing straight through without breathing (no parts where there's a pause for breath) while the completed song is actually made up of several recordings combined.

Cockney:

there's a Lo-Fi link.

Comment

Working...
                          X