Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Airline Hijacked!

CNN just reported this:

A flight from Ankara to Istanbul was hijacked upon takeoff, and is now heading towards Greece!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Interesting, and scary, if true.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

anyone have any idea who did it???
      any why athens? wtf?
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It merely said it was heading towards Greece, Boshko... it might not stop there.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

194 people on board Turkish airliner. No info on hijackers at this time. There may be two deputies of the Turkish ruling party on the plane.
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

203, actually.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

finally found something on a non-blog website
              Watch your favourite shows online, from Channel 4, E4 and Walter Presents
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Bit of a problem getting details from the ground with the more active OT Greek posters like Paiktis being banned for the coming weeks (or months?)
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Damn... it actually landed in Athens:

Comment

Does anyone have any updates who is behind this, motives and what are they planning to do?
                    They want to go to Germany? Why?! What is this..
                    To the back of the sauna! Every single one of them!
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

its over and nobody was hurt, yay!
                      The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Okay I admit it. I was wrong. After those evil maniacs attacked the US on 9/11 I predicted that conventional hijackers would be out of business because passengers would always try to overpower them.

Comment

Apparently Turkish passengers are used to hijackings that end peacefully. For some reason all the hijackers want to go to Germany.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What I never got was all those people that hijack a plane for the express purpose of forcing it to take them somewhere.

Have these folks never considered simply buying a ticket?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, and it's not that it will make them famous or something. Noone will actually know the name of the person. Heck, tens of airplane hijacking occur each year, does anyone actually remember specifics?

didn't think so.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X