Dead Iraqi would have loved democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Iraqi would have loved democracy

BAGHDAD, IRAQ—Baghdad resident Taha Sabri, killed Monday in a U.S. air strike on his city, would have loved the eventual liberation of Iraq and establishment of democracy, had he lived to see it, his grieving widow said.

"Taha was a wonderful man, a man of peace," his wife Sawssan said. "I just know he would have been happy to see free elections here in Iraq, had that satellite-guided Tomahawk cruise missile not strayed off course and hit our home."

A shoemaker and father of five, Sabri, 44, was listening to the radio at 3 a.m. when a missile launched from a U.S. warship in the Persian Gulf veered off course and struck just feet from his house. Sawssan was away at the time, tending to an ailing aunt in the Baghdad suburb of Mansour.

"My husband was no fan of Saddam," Sawssan said. "He felt he was a terrible despot. If the Americans do drive him from power, it will be that much more of a shame that they killed Taha."
    Attached Files
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Sad. But don't Iraqis have basements and shelters? They should hide underground during air raids.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      Sad. But don't Iraqis have basements and shelters? They should hide underground during air raids.
      You're not serious, are you?

Comment

"I just know he would have been happy to see free elections here in Iraq, had that satellite-guided Tomahawk cruise missile not strayed off course and hit our home"

She said that? Seems a strange thing to say. I would expect her to say "had that bomb not hit our home"
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Trad: "I don't want to be freed!! I don't want to be freed""
          Attached Files

Comment

You're not serious, are you?

Dead serious. Air raids are not on 24/7 are they? Obey the sirens.
            I am not trying to say this guy had it coming or something like that mind you.

But my first thought, looking ofcourse at censored news network (CNN) is that too many Iraqis are on the streets and even as some parts of city are bombarded not everyone is in shelter.

Seems like they trust American bombs to hit what they aim. That is plain crazy.

Comment

Re: Dead Iraqi would have loved democracy

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              "Taha was a wonderful man, a man of peace," his wife Sawssan said. "I just know he would have been happy to see free elections here in Iraq, had that satellite-guided Tomahawk cruise missile not strayed off course and hit our home."
              Who wrote the article? Sounds like propaganda'r'us by Monsieur Saddam Hussein.

"Ah yes we'd have loved to have met that lovely Mr. Bush but that satellite-guided cruise missile he personally fired, with the go faster red stripes and cool logo, strayed off course and hit my husband whilst he was sitting peacefully in his rocking chair at home."

Comment

Re: Re: Dead Iraqi would have loved democracy

Originally posted by Demerzel
                Who wrote the article? Sounds like propaganda'r'us by Monsieur Saddam Hussein.
                That's absolutely correct.

"My husband was no fan of Saddam," Sawssan said. "He felt he was a terrible despot. If the Americans do drive him from power, it will be that much more of a shame that they killed Taha."
                If you bothered to finish reading.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Come on Horsie, tell them and spare them further embarrassment.
                  "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                  - Lone Star

Comment

it is indeed curious how a shoemaker's wife knows so much about American military hardware...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It's from the Onion. Too heavy-handed, I thought.

The Point-Counterpoint from the same issue is hilarious, though. No, you're wrong!
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

whee red wunz go faster!

there's a hidden point? like anyone will be awake enough to see it - i've got 2 and a half hrs to go and i'll be off to the pub for half-priced drinks. that's all i care about now

btw what the heck is "the onion" and should i care? no doubt some satircal rag?

Comment

Maybe a lot of Iraqi's can't hear air-raid sirens.

Area Iraqis bear living proof of atrocities
                          2 hours, 13 minutes ago

By Diane Smith, Star-Telegram Staff Writer

"When Mazin Alkabbi awoke from an anesthesia-induced slumber on a morning in 1994, Iraqi authorities gave him grim news: He had been in a car accident and lost his ears.

Alkabbi knew better. There had been no accident. His ears had been surgically removed because he fled the military when Iraqi President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1991.

Just hours before the surgery, he was arrested at his home in Basra. Alkabbi, who now lives in Arlington, remembered having his hands tied, being blindfolded and at one point even thinking he might just be questioned and released. His Iraqi identification card was stamped with the word "betrayer" in Arabic"

Note:
                          When you don't know facts, you're merely ignorant.
                          When you ignore facts, you're stupid.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

aha, I knew it. Another Horsie troll.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

This is from the Onion, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X