What happened to Al-Jazeera.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Al-Jazeera.com?

Hey, does anybody know what happened to Al-Jazeera's website?

It just isn't there anymore!

They were there a little less than a week ago, and now they're gone.

Not that I'm much of a conspiracy theorist, but could it be that the US military is somehow involved?

I mean, they were showing a good number of pictures of Iraqis dead and dying from the US bombings as well as the devestation in Baghdad. Plus the US military was pretty pissed off about them showing the tape of the Iraqi soldiers.

If they're computers are just down, or if they moved, alright, but I'm curious.
    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

but could it be that the US military is somehow involved

Yes, of course.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hackers. I read about it, heard on News. Sorry. No link.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

*Alex points to his signature*

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Aljazeera is www.aljazeera.net
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Welcome to the 21st century.

Comment

They showed some pics of US troops captured and executed. They were annoying to a group to a point where they decided to take it off the air and/or deface it.

More likely to be an independent group or even individual, since they have more experience and resources to achieve such an action.

The US military left the Iraqi internet up... every bit goes through two satellite downlinks in the UK and US. If the US were engaged in a cyber war, then these conduits would be the first to be cut.

Comment

Ok... good to know.

Sheik:

Actually, I already tried www.aljazeera.net... doesn't work. I tried www.al-jazeera.com, which is the one I was using for several days before it vanished, and I tried www.aljazeera.com... no luck either. It's just gone.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

You think I'm just jacking my jaws, or fingers rather?
                  Patriot hackers got to it.
                  I'm serious.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

There will never be a hacker gap! Hacker hegemony!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Sloww, did it seem like I was arguing with you? Or were you talking to someone else?

Comment

I was just saying, not snapping.
                        So much I say is just pure trash, I didn't want you to think that this was one of those times.

Comment

Here's a good rundown on things. It appears that the hackers first took the site out. Then Network Solutions (presumably by request of DoD), switched the DNS info.

Comment

See?

Comment

Holy crap!!!

Al-jazeera has an english website too?! And here I was trying to find some kind of link to an english translation on their main page!

Well, I guess this proves one thing... hacking doesn't necessarily require intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                              X