Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think should happen to the Un after the end of the Iraq War

What do you think?

I think if the security council can not united about anything for the next month after I think the Un will slowly dead and another world war will happen and would result with another thing like UN!
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

United Nations would be bit more effective if they remove the special veto status for the nations that as them.

-Mellian

Comment

I prefer expecting the following elections in USA. Then, we can see if the close emperor has the same vision of the world...
        Israel = apartheid

Comment

The UN is depedant on its virtual head of state, the U.S. president. If the current U.S. president doesn't particulary care for the U.N. then the Security Council has no power and vice versa.
          When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
          ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I don't know what will happen, but I know what I would like to happen. Stop of funding from the countries the UN is attacking and legions of Evil UN Bureaucrats losing their job. Hopefully, the end of the UN and its replacement by a true organization that begins to work in what the UN should be working.

Hey! I can dream! Can't I?
            "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
            "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePantaloonDog
              The UN is depedant on its virtual head of state, the U.S. president. If the current U.S. president doesn't particulary care for the U.N. then the Security Council has no power and vice versa.
              Same can be said about all heads of state from country's with veto powers.

Comment

The UN will probably be reformed... or just turn into an "aid" agency. It's obvious the US doesn't want to work at a world government.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA
                  I don't know what will happen, but I know what I would like to happen. Stop of funding from the countries the UN is attacking and legions of Evil UN Bureaucrats losing their job. Hopefully, the end of the UN and its replacement by a true organization that begins to work in what the UN should be working.

Hey! I can dream! Can't I?
                  What wrong with the Un!
                  Play the Demo Games!!
                  Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                  Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

The UN (security council) has proved itself completely useless in solving world problems... meanwhile it has been rather effective at creating them (israel)

The rest of the UN is essentially powerless
                    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Comeuppance

Comment

The UN will remain what it has been before : a mostly useless Security Council, and an efficient agency whose goals are aid, education, childhood care, culture, environment etc.

I fail to remember any time the UNSC has been useful, except by rubberstamping the demands of the powerful in the past.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          The UN will probably be reformed... or just turn into an "aid" agency. It's obvious the US doesn't want to work at a world government.
                          Yeah, what Sava and Spiffor said ... especially if the US/UK vs. France/Germany/Russia/China split becomes permanent.

Comment

Re: What do you think should happen to the Un after the end of the Iraq War

Originally posted by James Adams
                            What do you think?

I think if the security council can not united about anything for the next month after I think the Un will slowly dead and another world war will happen and would result with another thing like UN!

Slowly? The slowly already happened.

What have we got here?
                            Germany, Russia, and France all dissenting; and all dealing with Iraq on the sly.

U.N. who needs the U.N. as it currently is structured?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                            X