Hallibourton???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX

he bashed them for doing business with Saddam and using the UN to protect their interests there at the cost of international security (slightly different)
    I'm sure someone can bash Halliburton for doing business with Iraq using Bush to provide them with the strong interests at the cost of international diplomacy.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Spiffor

Totally correct. It isn't like it is a secret that people tend to give contracts to those people they know. Of course in this case (which people are ignoring) Hallburton won it in a government bidding process (ie, they said they'd do the job for the least amount of money), even though it was private, they still ended up winning out because of their bids.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        Spiffor, are you aware that Cheney and Haliburton made millions rebuilding Iraq after the '98 bombing campaign? I'm not privy to enough information to make the conclusion that big-oil is controlling the Bush admin. But I just want to point out all the "coincidences" like this that exist. Kind of makes you think?
        This is almost certainly not coincidental, albeit not in the way that you might think.
        Cheney hardly had the same clout in '98 when the Clinton administration was in power, so if Haliburton won the contract then, with Cheney as a Director, and did a good job, its hardly surprising they're called in again. They know the lie of the land so to speak. Its certainly not in any way indicative of oil money running the Bush admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Spiffor

Totally correct. It isn't like it is a secret that people tend to give contracts to those people they know. Of course in this case (which people are ignoring) Hallburton won it in a government bidding process (ie, they said they'd do the job for the least amount of money), even though it was private, they still ended up winning out because of their bids.
          Unusual "bidding process". See this:

Comment

Yeah, I know it was unusual (hence the 'private' I spoke of). It still won in the process.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Regardless, any companies with ties to the current administration should be forbidden to enter into the tender. As it stands, a company that is closely linked to the Bushies will be able to make big money after lots of blood has been spilled in an invasion initiated by the US.

Hello PR fiasco, how are you?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

War on Iraq is not happening due to such bargaining, but it surely doesn't heart that Bush's friends personally profit from it either. And the way in which personal contacts are the key for governmental business is shameless. It's not a new phenomenon, but there has rarely been such a shameless and open protectionism.

Such actions surely help the US in making friends outside and to strengthen the world's belief in the honest motives of the US government! <-- the is no sarcasm!
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Regardless, any companies with ties to the current administration should be forbidden to enter into the tender.

Who's left to do the job?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Nah, I don't think big oil is controlling every aspect of the Bush admin... I just pointed out the "coincidence"
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                      Regardless, any companies with ties to the current administration should be forbidden to enter into the tender.

Who's left to do the job?
                      Let the Iraqis decide, then.
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Let the Iraqis decide, then.
                        That would be the democratic way to do things. It would also help to reduce the diplomatic and PR disaster that this war is turning into.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Another thing I heard on the news today. Some US dude, a senator IIRC, was saying that the US has the rights to make Iraq to sell oil for reconstruction.

He should have kept his mouth shut.

Comment

Well over a week ago, when AH was seeking a better name for this war then "Operation Iraqi Freedom" I suggested Operation Haliburton. - no-one commented.

And what exactly gives the US/Coalition right to tender contracts in Iraq anyway ?
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                            X