Morality of large scale massacres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    Is it acceptable to pretend you are surrendering, then kill as many people as possible. Is it acceptable that you dress as civilians, then open fire on unsuspecting troops. Is it acceptable that you dress up in US uniforms, and then kill your own people that try to surrender to you. Is it acceptable to use civilians as human shields... and the list goes on.
    Indeed is it acceptable to go to war?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I blieve the phrase is: All's fair in love and war.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I realise we have to take our chances and maximise our advantages, this afterall saves allied lives. I do feel more could be done in some situations to assess the threat and maybe give an option of surrender though I can see this is not really feasible. secondly I do agree with the posters referring to Iraqi's in either civilian clothes or pretenting to surrender then attacking.

Whilst I am staunchly behind the allies in the war effort I just wish it hadnt come to this. I think we will live to regret the lasting repercussions and regrettably it wont be long before 9/11 is repeated.

I dont like the way all Iraqi soldiers (in or out of uniform) are Iraqi soldiers loyal Saddam even, there is the concept of people defending their homeland, towns etc. Im sure if a foreign aggressor attacked UK many of our citizens would resort to whatever means they had at their disposal to strike back in some way.

This is not worth the 000's of deaths and I deplore the gun-ho attitude displayed in many threads. I dont think some of you really appreciate what is going on out there. But I guess your just sitting in front of your tv's with a can of beer cheering along like your watching a football match or something.

Comment

I blieve the phrase is: All's fair in love and war.

This reminded me of a funny reply-quote I got from Apolyton a few days ago: "War is like love, it always finds a way". Go figure.

Comment

Working...
          X