Some excellent insight on how the war is affecting the ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris 62
    It's Saddam feet first or nothing, people can protest accross the globe, it will change nothing.
    You mean it won't stop the invasion, in that your right.
    Change nothing? Wait and see your trade numbers in
    ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
      Che is always fun for that, if Saddam was the CIA's bought man, why was he first Pro-Soviet and then Pro-French?
      Guess the CIA wasn't getting their money's worth!
      Noreiga, bin Laden, hmmmm, Hussein wouldn't be the only one to turn on his sponsors. The funny thing is how Chris likes to pretend that because Hussein had friends in the CIA in the 1950s and '60s it would somehow dictate what he would do later.

You need to spend less time at goodgerman.com and more time reading histories of Iraq or even just wathcing PBS.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chegitz: Article read.

Sirotnikov Knoweledge Base 2003 : status UPDATED.

Thank you.

Still, I don't get the criticism. America tried to "divide and rule". Admittedly, it's not an honest strategy - but it is good.

I really don't understand is all the crying about "how come we were friends with saddam / bin-laden and now we are foes?" You take you enemies - split them, drive them one against another - and then finish the them off.

Admittedly, it may often backfire as you might lose your reputation if you repeat this tactic alot (as US did), and if you lose control of the weapons and money you're supplying (as US did). That's a problem in the implementation - not in the idea itself.

The same thing goes for "why aren't we attacking Saudi Arabia now?"

I'll tell you why:
        1) because it's easier to start with Iraq
        2) because meanwhile the US enough influence for now, on Saudi Arabia.

Same goes for not attacking N. Korea and Iran.

And as far as america's goal - I think that 9/11 really changed some things. I think that the US did realize that they can't leave evil dictators with huge armies and access to WMD lying all around the world.

So if you will - the US is now cleaning up the mess the CIA did. Obviously there's a 75% chance they'll make a new mess. But I'm willing to take that chance, because if they don't act - there's a 101% chance that the old mess will stay.

What more - the US I think, realized that it can't allow half of the world to be brainwashed against the USA and the western world in general. It doesn't matter whether the Islamic world has a reason to hate the americans. To have them relishing in this and brining their hate to a boiling point is never good.

I would suggest Japan as a positive example. Japan was very agressive, and during the war, the US made a huge mess (2 atomic bombs). But the anti-militarization, and the westernization of Japan did alot of good, to Japanese and the western world alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          He's good.

He confirmed what my general perception of the region, their reactions to the whole "WoMD" fiasco, and the current US-UK invasion.

He also confirmed my view that the GWB government has zero expertise in international relations.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
          X