Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Shakespearean insult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Shakespearean insult?

Yes, I know this is stupid, but I think it's at least as relevant as some of the other questions up for polling(e.g. the precise date of the Second Coming)...besides, I've never done a poll before.
    I like "whoreson" myself.
    Varlet
    0.00%
    Knave
    43.75%
    Coxcomb
    6.25%
    Whoreson
    31.25%
    Dog
    0.00%
    Pizzle
    0.00%
    Other
    18.75%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I prefer fishmonger.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I prefer Banana

...no polls are allowed, unless they have the Banana option...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Alas.

Originally posted by ADG
        ...no polls are allowed, unless they have the Banana option...
        Sorry, I didn't know...hopefully some thoughtful mod will tack that option on, as I don't know how to do it myself.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Not a name, but I always liked it when one guys tells another to "go to". I believe it means something like p1ss off.

Comment

I always got a giggle out of pizzle.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

My all-time favorite is "eater of broken meats." It's from King Lear, but I'm too lazy to look up who says it to whom, or why.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Coxcomb
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Slut Puppy.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm crushed that neither of you philistines supplied the next line from my quote.

Comment

I think it's from Romeo and Juliet, but it was 14 when I last read that and I haven't touched it since.
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                          I'm crushed that neither of you philistines supplied the next line from my quote.

Old Will and I don't see eye to eye
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Although not exactly verbatim, the response "I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I do bite my thumb" would have been acceptable.

You could alternatively have said "Methinks the lady doth protest too much" if you wanted to complain about my complaint.

Comment

Also, as a little trivia:
                              Juliet's question of "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo ?", was intended to be spoken in a tone more reflective of shock and dismay, as they disrobed.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X