Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Rufus shave...Come back here! I didn't mean it literally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently discovered an alternative to shaving creams, mousees and gels which I much prefer - shaving oils.

These come in very small pots, but you need very little. They smell much nicer than the alternatives, make a lot less mess, and allow you to see what you are doing.

They might be a little hard to get hold of in Turkey.

Comment

Mach III, and Edge Gel for the foam here.

I shave 3 times a week or so, and the blade seems to work well for tens of uses. wash it off with some water from time to time while you shave.

hmmm, I am all out of Gel, btw, should I use Shampoo? ( I don't use a hair conditioner )
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        Mach III, and Edge Gel for the foam here.

I shave 3 times a week or so, and the blade seems to work well for tens of uses. wash it off with some water from time to time while you shave.
        Same here I buy my baldes in jumbo packs at Sam's Club (a wholesale store) and get 30 blades for $25, which lasts me an entire year. Very high quality product.
        "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Hm, I received a free Mach 3 the other day (although I am a machine user these days).
          Is the Mach 3-blade supposed to be attached so "loosely" on the razor? My blade barely clicks tightly onto the razor, and can easily come loose o_O

Comment

30 blades should last for a decade or so, for me.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
              Hm, I received a free Mach 3 the other day (although I am a machine user these days).
              Is the Mach 3-blade supposed to be attached so "loosely" on the razor? My blade barely clicks tightly onto the razor, and can easily come loose o_O
              No, it should fit fairly tightly and only come loose when you press the button.
              "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Hm, I thought so. Thanks for confirming

I still have my nine-year-old Schick FX, an eight-year-old Sensor Excel, and I recently got a free Wilkinson Xtreme 3.
                I guess I'll try that one some time

Comment

Much helpful info! Thanks all.

I'm currently using the last of the SuperMax 3 disposables I bought in the States; I'm not that crazy about them, so when this one dies I'll try some of the suggestions here.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    hmmm, I am all out of Gel, btw, should I use Shampoo? ( I don't use a hair conditioner )
                    Any kind of soap works in principle. I once tried shower gel; it's ok if you use a bit more and let it soak in.

Well actually, I suppose any kind of lubricant will work, but I haven't tried THAT.
                    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      No idea. I am using a Gilette Sensor Excel, but I usually use the blade for about at least 10 times before I consider throwing it away. I also have a bottle of aftershave that I rarely use.
                      You change blades after using it 10 times.

I won't change a blade for at least 10 weeks. Okay, I am a cheap bastard but the blades are pricey.

One thing for sure, stay away from those cheapo disposable razors like the Good News and the Bic ones. They'll rip your face to shreds.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

Gillette Mach 3, and shaving oil" Urban".

Shave every four or five days..any more than that and I'll look like an ape, any less and I've get ingrown hairs low down my neck.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                        X