Will US soldiers shoot Iraqi women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will US soldiers shoot Iraqi women?

The Iraqi gov't will no doubt be arming their women... so what will happen when American soldiers are confronted with Burkha-wearing women pulling AK's out?

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Official policy is that coalition forces will not fire unless fired upon. Realistically, I think it's safe to say that anyone with a weapon who appears threatening in the least will probably be shot, women and children included.
    "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Standing orders for any military member is that they must be fired on first.
      Coalition troops will return fire on whomever fires first.

I have not problem with that, other than it would be just one more piece of evidence on what a sick bastard Hussein is.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you're carrying a weapon, you're a combatant.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          I have not problem with that, other than it would be just one more piece of evidence on what a sick bastard Hussein is.
          Yea, thank god there are no women in the US army.

Comment

exactly MtG
            anyone that carry a weapon in war situation is a possible target for the enemy, inlcuding women.. or childrens
            >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Realistically, I think it's safe to say that anyone with a weapon who appears threatening in the least will probably be shot, women and children included.

And that's exactly how it should be.

If you go around shooting at soldiers you should expect them to shoot back.

I doubt any coalition soldiers would feel happy about killing women or children, but if its a case of "Either him/her or me" then it's a no-brainer.

If children in particular, and to a lesser extent women, are forced to fight and are killed during combat it will either be their own fault or the fault of the Iraqi regime - nobody else can be expected to carry the responsibility for it.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Yea, thank god there are no women in the US army.
                Yeah but they are volunteers.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

As a matter of fact, one of the P.O.W.'s is a woman.
                  A cook.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Shanon?

Comment

The Black Texas woman that was with the Maintenance Squadron.
                      Only woman P.O.W. I'm aware of, but at the moment her name eludes me.

Comment

I believe it's something along the lines of 'Shonnan' or 'Shonna'.
                        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                        "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Speer, Speer - I want to see you enlist.

It will get you out of the Boston slums
                          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 25, 2003, 23:41.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

yup.. thats Shanon. She got this face when she was interviewed by "CNN" Iraq. I'm really sorry for her and the other guys

how many coalition's P.o.W. do Iraq have?

Comment

Seven, at last count.

Comment

Working...
                              X