Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coalition tactics - Post your critics here

Why is Iraq TV still working?

Its a major strategic target. What are they waiting for?
    What are they afraid of?
    Its about time to knock off Iraq TV.

they need a working propaganda infrastructure after they killed everyone in Bagdad
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

why are the coalition forces in such a hurry to make the same mistake as hitler did in Russia?
      Bunnies!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Re: Coalition tactics - Post your critics here

Originally posted by carnide_
        So that the Iraqi government will run out of pre-recorded videos of Saddam to play?
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
          they need a working propaganda infrastructure after they killed everyone in Bagdad
          I tough along those lines to, but:
          1) They are not going to kill everyone in Bagdad
          2) A working Iraq TV is a deadly weapon against coalition forces, exactly by the same reason they need it after the victory.
          So, its a need to stop it now, even if we are going to need it later.

Comment

building up a new multimedia network takes to much time....and US doesnt have that time....they need to keep everybody calm and of the streets as fast as possible...everybody needs to know where food is...and when curview starts....

of course they wont kill everybody in Bagdad but i will be bloody...i am afraid that if saddam has WMD he will use it on bagdad after it has been take by coalition forces
            Bunnies!

Comment

The amount of humanitarian aid is trivial. It's good for short, sharp propaganda, but if a serious humanitarian problem develops, the tiny quantities will be virtually useless.

Comment

About the tv, this BBC article http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2886805.stm says iraqi tv was hit and put off, but was back in operation later

The BBC's Paul Wood in Baghdad said that after one impact Iraqi state television broadcast went off the air, replaced by static.

He says broadcasting resumed after 15-20 minutes, but the signal is weaker, indicating that back-up facilities have been brought into use.

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has been warning Iraqi citizens for some days to steer clear of TV facilities.
                But I must confess that I think those press briefings in Baghdad have some entertainment value...
                Blah

Comment

Looks like the coalition command was reading this tread!
                  Can someone else's post another idea/target, to see if they do it/bomb it?

Comment

Paris...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Paris...

Comment

According to a BBC story Iraqi TV is running but their satellite channel is down. Maybe that was the target - to stop them broadcasting outside Iraq.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Paris...
                          Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
                          Ha, ha, ha! You're so funny! The dirty stupid wussy eurocom french morons never know what hit them! Ha ha ha!...

Comment

Re: Coalition tactics - Post your critics here

Its a major strategic target. What are they waiting for?
                            What are they afraid of?
                            Its about time to knock off Iraq TV.
                            It is a civilian structure. It is against Geneva Convention to attack non-military targets. Doing so lends legitimacy to the 911 attack.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Looks like the coalition command was reading this tread!
                              ummm, lisabon?

Comment

Working...
                              X